Monday 7 July 2014

School holiday fun with the kids!!

Crikey ..... it's school holidays and Mum and I had a day with the little girls.  They had recently been given a canoe and although it is winter it was a beautiful day so we headed off to the river.  The girls had never been in a canoe before so Josie, being the eldest, had the first go. She went really well. She picked it up real quick and was paddling all over the river in no time. Josie's 6.

Next up it was Izzies turn. She's 3 and a bit of a tomboy who can do just about everything Josie can  so Jenni (their Mum) and my Mum didn't worry too much about Izzi and off she went paddling away all by herself.  Talk about funny!!  Before they knew what was happening Izzi had maneuvered that canoe quite a way from shore AND SHE COULDN'T GET BACK IN!!!!   Oh No!!  What to do??????  Jenni was yelling instructions to her on the best way to paddle to shore but Izzi just couldn't do it. Mum couldn't stop laughing but then Izzi started to get distressed and told Jenni she would have to go in and get her. Jenni didn't like that idea. Like it might be a beautiful day but that water was mighty cold but being the great Mum she is, IN SHE WENT!!  OMD that water was freezing!! She turned blue!!  Mum was standing on the shore killing herself laughing. S'pose she was remembering all the times in the past when she was the one rescuing Jenni from similar incidents, aye??

Can you see Jenni? She was pushing the canoe to shore here.

Almost back. Jo went in to help.
Before too long Izzi was safely ashore and THEN ...... it was my turn!!!!  OMD .....  were they kiddin'????  No, unfortunately!  Actually it was a bit of fun and because I've got such good sea legs I didn't fall in or anything and managed to stay dry. Unlike Jenni, aye??

Perfect balance, aye??


Ahhhhhhhhh!  Shore and I didn't even get a bit wet!!



Some blokes fishing, nearby!
We then headed off back to the girls' house where they had a crafty afternoon while Murphy and I had a bit of fun in the paddock. Get a load of these photos!!  What was Murphy thinking?  I'm sure he was just trying to make me look bad, aye??  I wasn't there while these pictures were taken. I guess you all know why!  What sort of goody two shoes is he?  I thought he was my best mate. Well he is but he's also awful weird if you ask me. 
Tell me this isn't natural ...... PLEASE!!
Crikey ..... the little one is at it again, aye??

Wanna run,   Love, Charlie.

31 comments:

  1. what a great day for an outing and you even went on the canoe charlie - that is brave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Reilly and Denny .... I thought I was brave too. The little girls loved taking me out there.

      Delete
  2. What a great day! I forgot that it's winter where you are. Looks like summer to me! Winter in WNY is usually freezing and full of snow and ice. You are very brave going out on the water like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are pretty lucky with our winters. It does get cold at night or if the wind is blowing but most days are really beautiful. The water temperature is warmer than the outside temperature so it's warmer in the water than out.

      Delete
  3. Whut adventures yu have Charlie! I can't pick out the young one in the canoe piccies. Evfurryone has swimmie suits on, well, 'cept yu.
    But there she is in the artsy piccie. bol

    An uh, yeah, there's sumfin rong with yur pal Murphy. That jus ain't right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and that chook's got a bit of a problem too if you ask me. He rides on vacuum cleaners and dogs backs. Too weird!!
      Mum didn't have her togs on either. Little Georgia was at home with her Pop Pop or she would have been all bare as usual.

      Delete
  4. Hey Charlie!
    Wow, you got to go canoodling! Looks like your mini-two-leggers had a blast and making the peep get in the chilly water made me giggle. BOL You did an amazing job in your canoe and I love doing that too. Maybe we could go together sometime, that would be so much fun! BWAR HAR HAR to that mini-two-legger who forgot her clothes! BOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Sarge ..... I would love to go canoodling with you!!! BOL!!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I'm glad your cruise didn't go like this one did:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQLaYLiAVuc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlie, you know Whitley has never met a cat that she doesn't love, so you better be careful about saying things about Murphy liking his kitty, so Whitley doesn't get mad at you. Maybe liking kitties is an acquired taste.

    Glad Izzi made it back to shore safely with the help of her momma. Maybe she needs some lessons before she ventures out into the deep waters - you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Puffy .... have a closer look, mate!! Them, there's feathers on that kitty cat. It's a CHOOK, Puffy ...... not a kitty cat. I don't think Whitley would be carting a CHOOK around on HER back. As I said ..... there's something not quite right about our Murphs!!! Mind you I think the chook's got a bit of a problem too.
      Our little Izzi is an adventurer! She'll have a go at anything. She already swims like a fish but it was a bit much to send her out on her own like that. There were two able bodied swimmers in Mum and Jenni close by though although it would have taken a lot to get Mum in there. She was fully clothed. Jenni had her togs on.

      Delete
  7. Wow none of us pugs can swim at ours house, we just sink...your little ones did great!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey .... you all best keep well away from water, aye?? Who knew pugs couldn't swim?? Not me!!!! Do you REALLY sink??

      Delete
  8. What fun!!
    Well, except fur Jenni getting into a pickle as growlmy would say.
    I do not think I would have gotten on that water craft...you re furry brave!

    BOL at the wee one back at it...well, she wont make her Mummy annoyed with paint on her clothes, cause there aren't any...OMD!!

    Woofs!
    Great pictures and those pelicans! Murphy is sweet, right? Crikey!! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr JF Sir! I don't know that I'm all that brave.Don't tell anyone but they had to get me onto that thing by giving me treats and I only sat down for long enough to get that one piccie. It was harder when I stood up but I didn't fall in. I think that was because the canoe is for kids and VERY stable ..... not my canoeing skills but don't tell anyone, aye??
      Yeah ..... no paint on G's clothes but plenty on G.
      Murphs is sweet!!!!! Brain dead I reckon. Who lets a chook ride around on his back??? Only Murphs! he would tolerate ANYTHING!!

      Delete
    2. Brain dead????! Geez Charlie, that's harsh!! Lucky we're family! X

      Delete
    3. Crikey Murphs ...... sorry mate! That was VERY rude of me. You know I love you!!! To make up for it I'll let you play with my sorry Ass when I get it from my mate Goose.

      Delete
  9. CRIKEY Charlie..... that is a Fair Dinkum Day you all did have... WE are very much PROUD of you fur giving the Canoe a Go... WELL DONE Buddy.
    OMD OMD we ADORE the last picture... TRULY We do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a cracker that little Georgia. She doesn't like clothes too much though. Crikey Frankie and Ernie you've been studying our lingo pretty good, aye? Been taking lessons from Roxy?????
      No worries, mate!!

      Delete
  10. BOLBOLBOL *gasp* BOLBOL!! Whut a fun day yu all habbed, Charwie!! Bud sewiouswy, dood/bwoke, how cold wuz it?? Weally! Be honest!! Wuz da water... 20 degwees celsius?? Mabbe 21???!! OMD. Ged out da snow pantses an' bootses!! BOL :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it spot on Zaidie ..... The water temp at the moment is about 21C. That's cold .... right??????????? It is WINTER after all!!

      Delete
  11. An' fank yu, lil' Georgia, fur pwobidin' sum much-needed waffs 'wound heer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her pleasure I am sure, Zaidie!! It comes naturally to her, aye??

      Delete
  12. Bwahaahaa! Makin' mum go in after her in COLD water! WTG little one.

    XXXOOO Bella Roxy & Dui

    Charlie the Mariner...fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! My Mum thought it was hysterical. She wouldn't have if SHE had to go in.

      Delete
  13. Dat canoin stuff looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost as good as pool ball, aye, Whitley???????

      Delete
  14. BOL sounds like a good day. And it wouldn't be a complete photo of the grandkids if one them didn't have their clothes on, Aye?

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right, Sully!! Our little Georgia ALWAYS comes good for us. She sure hates having clothes on. Almost as much as I do!!!!!

      Delete
  15. My 2 legged sister Georgia sure is starting to get a reputation :) BOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Murphs ..... and well deserved too, aye??

      Delete