Sunday 6 July 2014

Is this fair??

Crikey ..... Is this fair??  Mum steals a picture and I, ME, MYSELF ends up in the hoosegow (did I get that right, Whitley?) and she gets to go away for the weekend with Dad.  WITHOUT ME!!!! What's with that???   She didn't even tell me in time to organise an escape route. Just packed me up in the car like as if we were going to the beach or something and before I knew what hit me we were at the dreaded dog gaol. You should see this place. It looks GREAT when you first get there. Beautiful lawned areas just right for big runs, tropical looking gardens with a peacock wandering around just waiting to be chased and a beautiful lily covered pond for fishing and swimming. Yeah  ... that mirage lasts for all of ten minutes. That's how long it takes for Mum to fill out a myriad of forms to sign my life away. Then the warder comes and takes ME, all by myself, down a laneway and through a gate where the beautiful facade ends.  Yeah ..... well I'm sure all you blokes out there know what it's really like. They chuck you in a cage.  How bad is that!!  Anyway, I survived .... only just .... but survive I did!!  Mum and Dad had a good time. They went to one of my favourite places. Glen Innes! 6 hours drive away. 6 hours there and 6 hours back. They went to a concert to see one of their favourite Scottish bands. That's keen, aye?? All that driving. Mum reckons they left me in the hoosegow (crikey, I love that word - thanks Whitley) because they'd only get a short way down the road and I'd start barking.  So .... it's the only time I bark! Surely they can put up with a bit of barking in the car.  How would they be if they had to live with Whitley or Zoe or even Mr. JF Sir or all you other barking blokes and sheilas out there?? I'm quiet as a lamb at ALL other times.  Fair dinkum ..... IT JUST WASN'T FAIR!!!!!  Mum was the one that deserved a stint in gaol ..... NOT ME!!  I didn't post that shutterbox, or whatever it was, picture on my post. MUM DID!!!!!!  Not fair ... not fair .... not fair!!
They felt guilty when they got home so they took me to the beach. I played with my mate Clancy!!

Wanna run,  Love, Charlie.

24 comments:

  1. I am glad you survived, else who would I say *crikey* to??

    Hope you got a lot of extra treats and such after that beach run.

    Woofs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got nothing Mr JF Sir ..... nothing!!! I still haven't got my icecream I was PROMISED on our road trip all those hundreds of years ago ..... how bad is that??

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah, those dum torture places they throw us poor pups when They wanna go have fun.
    Yikes, yu are all like camouflaged there in the sand. I can only barely see yur happy grin.
    Argh, a Kelpie! They are kinda rare here, yu know. Mommy misses our Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelpies are the best, aye Zoe?? No wonder your Mommy misses Cindy. We got lots of 'em out here. When Mum and Dad got me it was a toss up between a whippet and a kelpie. I won!! Lucky for me ...... I sure hopes it lucky for them too.
      I blend, aye? I blend!!

      Delete
  3. What a shame you missed out on the Scottish band Charlie.
    Gail thinks that if you were driven around enough you might eventually stop barking in the car. At least it worked with me.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Bertie .... for once Gail is right, aye?? On our big road trips I settle down real good in the car but when I haven't been for long trips for a while I go back to bark mode. Mum reckons it wasn't the barking that stopped them from taking me. She said it would have been too cold to leave me in the car during the concert but I know it was the barking!! I've heard the band before. They are great. They have bagpipes and all and their rendition of Caledonia is so good!

      Delete
  4. Oh sorry Charlie. We never have to go to the kennel anymore because someone is always home to take care of Joey and me. If Mom and Dad go somewhere, Jason stays with us. If Mom goes to work, Dad is home. Hey, that sounds like dog-sitting. Tell your Mom that—it's a lot less expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Chester ..... I used to stay with my 2 legged sister until she got THE CHOOKS!!!!! Now I'm not to be trusted. Well that's what everyone says anyway! I can be trusted ...... I can be trusted to do my very best to get at those chooks!!

      Delete
  5. CRIKEY Charley..... the DREADED HOOSEGOW and GAOL treatment... all due to a TINY bit of Barking??? THIS is a HORROR fur sure... Peeps are just...... STRANGE. Glad that you are out NOW mate.
    No Worries

    ReplyDelete
  6. And they have the cheek to try telling us it is a "doggie hotel" we are going to - when we all really know it is the jail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're dead right there Reilly and Denny. If that place was a hotel it was a minus 5 star one!!

      Delete
  7. Da hoosegow is da worst... I's usually da one dat gets thrown in it 'round here evfun though Whitley is da barkaholic... it's like dey can overlook her constant barkin' but not my occasional visits from NotMe... I had to go to da offsite hoosegow twice-- NO THANKS!! I's evfun written limericks 'bout da hoosegow...cuz I's da baddest Bad Ass there is, ya know....bol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You the baddest Bad Ass alright Finley and you're a member of the pre-owned by Goose ASSociation to prove it, aye??

      Delete
  8. We nearly can't see you in that picture with Clancy! You BLEND!

    Our 'camp' doesn't have manicured lawns or anything. It's rustic from the word go. But we don't mind it because we can bark all day and no one cares. And our run around lawn is grassy.

    Can't believe your pawrents went to Glen Innes in the winter. Brrrr!

    XXXOOO Bella Roxy & Dui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do blend, aye?? Don't tell anyone but I had a great time in there. There is a great big lawn area all fenced off with trees and all and I got to play in there all day with lots of other blokes and Sheilas. I only got locked up for the night but don't tell anyone, aye? It's our little secret.
      Mum said to tell you that Glen Innes was freezing. A bit like the temperatures in Dubbo, aye?? She reckons that's the real reason she didn't take me. Thought I'd be too cold in the car during the concert. S'pose she's right, aye??

      Delete
  9. Glad ya survived!

    I's given ya an award - ya can see it here - http://whitleywestie.blogspot.com/2014/07/black-and-white-sunday.html. Even if ya don't wanna do all da rules, ya can still have da award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitley ..... I'm a bit behind at the moment but I'm catching up. I'll do it. I had fun with the last one. Just might take me a few days.
      I'm glad I survived too. It was just one night. Wouldn't want to spend a week there, aye??

      Delete
  10. Just let me know if I should call the SPCA on your behalf! This is very serious and I can't believe you were treated that way! Your mate Clancy is a handsome dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Buddy ..... you're a great mate to think of me like that. S'pose we should give 'em another chance, aye, but if they send me there again I'll be calling on you to contact those SPCA blokes. Clancy is a handsome bloke, aye? He's a real nice bloke too.

      Delete
  11. OMD I'm glad you survived that awful place.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, you poor boy! I'm so glads you surviveds and your Hoomans payed you backs with a nice play on the beach...
    How coulds they puts you through such terror?? I wish I'd been there with you!
    Yours Always,
    Enid xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Enid .... that's one place I'm glad you weren't with me. Those places are no place for a lady like you! I'm glad I survived too. There were blokes in there that have been there for weeks. I was only there for one night and that was more than enough for me.
      Love, Always
      Charlie xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

      Delete