Wednesday 2 July 2014

Beaten by a better man!!

Crikey ..... our Nick got beaten by a better man AND a Canadian. Congratulations to Milos ..... well done, mate and VERY well played. Mum and I got up 3am to watch the match. So did my 2 legged sister, Jenni. Mum and Jenni texted (is that the correct way to say that?) each other throughout the whole match. I'd love to show you the conversation. It was hilarious but I don't think it was always politically correct. We are VERY tired this morning although we did have a BIG sleep in.  Good on the Canadians. That Milos bloke looks like a real decent sort and earlier in the night the Canadian sheila also got through her round. Well done to the Canadians. I'm going for them to win, now. I think Mum's still going for Federer though. She has a BIG soft spot for him. If our Nick had gotten through to the next round she would have had a hard time going for him against Federer but she'd have given it a mighty hard try, aye??  Anyway ..... may the best man win ..... wherever he comes from, aye Bertie?  Funny how your bloke Andy is a Scot most of the time but when he wins he's from England. What's with that???? I thought once Scottish, always Scottish.
Crikey Mum LOVES her tennis. She was pretty good at it when she was young and so was Dad. They met on a tennis court. Funny place to meet, aye?? They played doubles together for years and years and didn't get beaten much. How good is that??  Well, I gotta go and have a nap. It's been a long night.   Go Raonic ......... gooooooooooooooooooo!!  Am I fickle or what??????

Wanna run ..... Love, Charlie.

16 comments:

  1. Since my WIVES (Ruby and Penny) are CANADIANS... I would have to cheer fur THEIR guy. Crikey Charlie... your mum and dad... liked to chase Tennis Balls? Do YOU? We only like to take the FUZZ off them. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chase 'em at the beach. I don't have any interest in them at other times. Mum never throws a ball for me but I go after the ones other people throw for their dogs. I always get to it first cause I'm the fastest bloke on the beach and then I run and run like a bloke possessed hoping that the other dog will chase me. They usually do too. When I'm being chased I let the other dog catch up a bit and then I put on another burst of speed and sometimes they chase me for ages. They cut corners. I reckon that's cheating. You short legged blokes surprise me sometimes. You can run pretty fast when you make up your mind. There is one of you blokes at our beach. Looks a bit like you, Ernie only with straight furs. He doesn't play ball but he chases me. Everyone joins in when I'm in full flight. Sometimes there's heaps of blokes chasing me. Everyone at the beach stops to watch. We put on quite a show.

      Delete
  2. Tennis? i luvs me some tennis balls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you bark at them too, Whitley?? Travis has been going on about your barking .... you been a bit vocal lately??????????

      Delete
  3. Well, it does have the word Love in it.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does Sully ..... it does!!! Hey Sully I got to play with a Scottie at the beach today. His name was Billie and he was such a good sport. We had fun!!

      Delete
  4. Go fur it you Canucks!! BOL!

    Growlmy doesn't watch tennis, but maybe she should? D'ya think?
    She likes to watch Baseball, our Tigers won today...and her old team from Toronto won too.
    ( She roots fur the team her furmily roots fur, and while she still would root fur the Blue Jays, that could get dicey if & when they play the Tigers...it did happen once in a game they actually went to see...the Tigers won...sigh...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'mon Growlmy .... you gotta watch now! You got a bloke and a Sheila through to the semis of WIMBLEDON!! That's something. Wasn't it Canada day or something. that must have spurred them on. It's a great game and they use TENNIS BALLS. Doesn't get much better than that, aye??

      Delete
    2. Well, she listens to the sports news...and when she hears the Canada name...she listens more intently. Does that count?
      We just don't pay much 'tenshuns to any sports...well college football, and some baseball. Even the peeps yawn here during sports...BOL!

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, a both your lad and ours beaten yesterday. Sad faces all round.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.
    PS Andy is Scottish, definitely; British, sometimes; English NEVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with ya Bertie but it's funny how he's ALWAYS Scottish when he's losing but the minute he wins he's BRITISH!! To funny .... Hoo Roo!! Crikey I didn't realise Andy was out. I was so busy watching our Nick I didn't listen to what happened in the other matches. Sorry, Mate!!

      Delete
  6. We don't watch the Tennis, we just hear it on the morning news. Oh well, your mum doesn't have to choose now.

    XXXOOO Bella Roxy & Dui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much more sensible way of doing it. Mum's been tired and cranky ALL DAY!!

      Delete
    2. Hey I got to play with a Scottie at the beach today. His name was Billie and we had a great time.

      Delete
  7. We are so happy that Milos and Eugenie have advanced. That happens so rarely for us Canadians! Go Canada Go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with ya Buddy!!!! All the way, mate .... Go you bloke and Sheila ..... go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete