Saturday 3 May 2014

The worst day of my life!

I've just had the worst day of my life. What a nightmare! I got up this morning and went outside to do you know what. Crikey ...... I didn't stay out there for long. Fair dinkum it WAS horrendous!!It was blowing a gale and it was only 6am and it was FREEZING! I couldn't believe it could get THAT cold. I got back inside quick smart. That didn't last long .... before I knew what hit me Mum packed me into the car and we headed of to the Celtic festival in Glen Innes. We had to drive for about 40 minutes to get there. It rained!!!! The rain was so cold it was all slushy and icy! OMD! Do they want me to go outside in that. Apparently they do!!
This was the only exciting thing that happened all day! This cattle is grazing on the roadside verge. They are down from drought stricken Qld

Mum liked this bloke. Thought he had attitude!
We got to the festival and Mum tried to walk me around to have a look at things but I wasn't having any of that. It had stopped raining but it hadn't stopped blowing.  I drove her crazy. I was jumping all over the place and trying to rub myself into her legs. Well ......  you would too! How else was I supposed to get warm? I had my big warm whippet coat on and my raincoat over the top of that and I was still cold. You cant LIVE in those kind of temperatures. I could have DIED!! There were sheep dog trials on and Mum wanted to watch those. Crikey .... madness!! I didn't even want to stop and smell the sheep's butts. Mum finally gave up and headed into the main tent with Dad to watch the entertainment. It was a bit warmer in there and Dad did put my mat down for me and I did have my blankie. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!  Heaven!!!! I snuggled up into a little ball and all was right with my world. Some people were up on the stage spruking some sort of garbage. Poetry, Mum said. If this was the Celtic festival then, just maybe, it would be ok.   Hmmmmmmph!! That didn't last long. The Poets' left and all these blokes, dressed in kilts, made their way up onto the stage and OMD ..... the noise that came out of them was DEAFENING!! Not only did they have guitars, squeeze boxes and fiddles but they had bagpipes. BAGPIPES!! Fair dinkum ..... you couldn't hear yourself think.  I curled up into an even smaller ball and got my head as far under my blankie as I could, trying to get away from all that noise, but it was still a million decibels louder than it should have been. I would have bolted but I knew if I did I'd freeze to death so I just had to put up with it, aye?? This went on ALL day!!  Those bagpipes ...... what to say??  Those Scots have a bit of a problem, I reckon, if they think that's music. Fair dinkum ...... very unattractive instrument! Mum and Dad loved it. Crikey ..... and I thought they had good taste. After all they did chose ME!! We were there all day. Like from 9am to 3.30pm. Oh My Head!!!!!!! Mum took me outside twice for a walk but I was having none of that. Pulled and pulled until she took me back into that tent so I could curl up under my blankie again. The noise was intolerable but at least I'd only go deaf. If I stayed outside I'd freeze to death.

Get al oad of all those bagpipes. OMD!!


Cute little Scot, aye??

I only stuck my head out for a pat!



Well I had to breath didn't I. Otherwise my schnos would have been covered up too.



We finally left and did the big drive back to our cottage. We went via the local dog park so I could have a bit of fun on the worst day of my life but there were NO dogs there.  I could have told Mum and Dad that. No one else would be mad enough to take a bloke out in that sort of weather.  I did run around a bit and then Mum walked me back to the cottage while Dad drove home. What's with Mum and her walking? I wanted to go with Dad but no...... I had to suffer some more on this perfectly horrid day! What a nightmare. I'm back in the cottage now. In front of the fire and here I'm going to stay. It's quiet!!!!!    

Another pretty cottage. Inverell!!

With a pretty garden!!
For all my Scottie mates!!

Inside our cottage!

Hurry up Dad!!  Light the fire ....  See the chair covered with a tarp. That's mine!! I like the one with the sheepskin on it and I sneak on it when no-ones looking!!

My bed!!!


The weather people reckon it's going to snow tomorrow. Crikey ..... I hope they are wrong!!
WOE  IS  ME!!!!!!



Wanna run ...  Love, Charlie.

30 comments:

  1. Now SEE Charlie..... THIS is what WE tried to tell you about Snow Freaks Yesterday... SNOW is BAD... EVIL COLD FREEZING WET AWFUL MISERABLE stuffs... We are speaking from EXPERIENCE here on our hill where we had a total of 53 INCHES of it this past winter... Just say NO to the SNOW.
    No Worries, Mate
    Pee S.... see that kilt pin on that little one's Kilt... OUR MOM has one JUST LIKE THAT!!!! SHE loves the pipes... US not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were lookin over the list of your FOLLOWERS... you know a LOT of our Furends... Ernie says that since you are down in OZ... you should know that ROXY is HIS Girrrrlfurend.... just in case you might be lookin fur a date... ROXY is Spoken fur. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey .... I did know Roxy was Ernie's girl, Frankie. I was a bit interested in her until I read your blogs but I can see he's got it REAL bad. Don't think I'd come out alive if I honed in on HIS girl!! You German blokes can get a bit feisty!
      AND I have my Enid!!

      Delete
  3. Oh poor Charlie - it is hard to believe it is that cold...Mom grew up on south Australia - and it was always hot there :) People here don't like the heat but Mom loves it - but she is like you when it is cold - hidden under 50 layers...of coarse with our coats we love the cold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding it hard to believe too. I came from Townsville. It's NEVER even a little bit cold there. Noosa never gets cold either. Glen Innes .... OMD!!!!!
      I thought my ears would fall off yesterday!

      Delete
  4. Charlie if you are really interested in a collar from Miss Lisa/ Clara's Collars... you could EMAIL here directly from her web site... and ASK if she would mail to OZ.... butt be SURE to tell her you are a Furend of Frankie Furter and Ernie.... THAT might smooth it over a bit... sort of Grease the Runners of the SNOW SLED... so to speak.
    We are sure that she has PAY PAL.... and Pay Pal lets YOU convert to OUR Currency... and deposit it directly into HER account.
    IF that stuffs doesn't work... WE will get what you want... and MAIL IT TO YOU OURSELVES... IF you are truly interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. US.... AGAIN, Charlie... Just Double Checked Miss Lisa's site... the ONLY thingy that she Can't ship overseas/Downunder... are SNACKS... and she DOES have PayPal. THAT makes it SUPER EASY. Just mention US in your contact with her...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! So glad yu dinna die! That woulda been real awful.
    Gosh, yu need sum earplugs. An more covers an warm things to snuggle unner.

    Hope things start goin better fur yu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ear plugs ... That would have been a good idea.. I'd have needed industrial strength ones to keep those bagpipes out, aye? AND a hot water bottle!!

      Delete
  7. Ya don't like bagpipes??? All us scots luv da bagpipes!! (hee hee)....

    As for da freezin' stuff... ya means your folks took ya from your warm hometown to sumplace cold and freezy??? Why??? Are they feelin' okay???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey ... You Scots gotta have rocks in your heads or something. My Mum's with you. She LOVES BAGPIPES! She's got heaps of that Scottish blood in her. How the heck anyone can like those screeching, squawking things I'll never know. Sounds like a HUGE flock of sulphur crested cockatoos.

      Delete
  8. What the woof Charlie, it's cold! Here in Texas it is getting hot. So sorry you had the worst day of you life but to have the dog park to yourself I say....wait for it.... SCORE!

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Sully ... I'm glad it's warming up for you. I guess I'm just not used to being cold. It was an awful day. I'm so glad it's over. The dog park was good but I like a few mates to play with.

      Delete
  9. I think I would have helped out those bagpipers by giving my own version...HOWL-WOWL-YOWL-HOWL-AROOOOOOOOO-Yip-YipYip...that's how I do it anyways,and at the end of each of my yips I have a helicopter tail wag fur good measure, BOL! Aroooooooo!

    And *now* you know why I fur one do not like the cold at all.

    It was cold and windy and wet here early in the day...the peeps had to sit for about 3 hours on cold steel bleachers...and they felt frozen to the bones.

    Unfurbro only had on his graduation cap and gown...left his coat in his room..silly dude. Growlmy had on a sweater, a scarf, 2 coats and gloves...Brrr!

    I hope you stay all cozy and toasty by your fireplace. I do not like being covered up like you do, I guess I am not so much of a snuggler...and coats...well cold I hate, but coats and sweaters I despise, BOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU would have sounded good Mr JF Sir ... Bagpipes! OMD!
      I'll listen to you in future .... You're the expert on cold and you're dead right. It's not even a little bit nice. Crikey I hope all your people's survived the graduation ceremony without getting sick. That sounds like an awful ordeal to go through. Poor furbro with no coat. At least Growlmy knew how to dress.

      Delete
  10. Cold and loud music? I think I'm wif you Charlie, dat don't sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like da bagpipes, I's heard dem before. But I guess dat are being Scottish, BOL!

    And snow? OMD! It were bout 92 here today - nice and hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gotta be a Scottish thing .... All you Scots love 'em! Too weird ...
      Oh to be hot again!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Nice, aye? Thought you'd like it. I s'pose you like bagpipes too, aye?

      Delete
  13. We can feel your cold. It's cold here, too. We've been inside by the little heater.

    You should have had some industrial ear muffs mate. Sounds like it was LOUD!

    You'll be glad to be heading north after this winter weather.

    XXXOOO Bella &Roxy

    Oh, we love that doormat, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And bagpipes? I bet you like 'em too, aye? We're heading north now. I can't wait to get home. Might take me a while to thaw out though.

      Delete
  14. Charlie, you just don't have a nice big fur coat like I do, so you should not have wanted to get close to the snow! Mom likes the bagpipes, must be her Scottish ancestry, but she would like to try and play them, BOL. Make sure you stay warm by the fire in that cute cottage. Your peeps find the best places to stay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Buddy ... I could have done with your company, mate. You could have kept me warm with your fur coat. My Mum has that Scottish blood too. She LOVES bagpipes.. Too weird! The cottage was real cute!

      Delete
  15. Hey, Charwie! I pway da bagpipeses, tu! Wanna wissen?? *straps on bagpipes and starts blowing* SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEECH...Jus' fink - I hab nod taked eben one wesson!
    I hope yu hab warmed up, my fwiend. Bein' cold r so nod fun <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a lesson would be in order Zaidie! Not that it makes any difference with bagpipes. You do as good a job as anyone, mate! I'll be home soon Zaidie .... I'll soon thaw out then. Can't wait ... That cold .... Crikey ... You blokes must be saints to live with it for as long as you do each year. It's VERY cruel!!

      Delete
  16. Howdy Charlie. Blimey, it was the same here but without the festival hehe. Thank dawg your mum and dad took your blankey so you could snuggle. You looked cute all curled up inside it. We've actually had to put our heater on in the last week. Glad your mum and dad enjoyed the festival. No worries and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey ... I think winter hit all over Australia in a big hurry. My 2 legged sister said it was even cold at Noosa. That's if you call about 15C cold. Right now that sounds balmy to me. Mind you that 15C was in the middle of the night. It was still about 21C during the day. What I wouldn't give for 21c right now!

      Delete
  17. Charlie i am with you...we are cold here too!! but after summer i kind of don;t mind...and i agree with mum and dad i love Bagpipes ..sorry ;) we had a festival in town and they were loud ad colorful..at least the poor moo cows are getting some feed and i hope they get more rain up north..we need lots here too and even thought the paddocks are going green we still have a very low dam! the cottage looks gorgeous and you look so comfy!! hugs Fozziemum xx

    ReplyDelete