Thursday 8 May 2014

I'm home!!!



How good is this??????  I’m home!! 
 
My VERY own front door ...... Yaaaaay!!!


My Jetty.   When Harri was away for a road trip he would always pee on the jetty post when he got home. Me .... I just eat the duck poop!!

Looking back the other way! No flowers or autumn leaves here, aye??? Just palm trees and blue sky and it's WARM!!!!!!!!
I’m so happy. I had a great time on the big road trip but … crikey …. It’s good to be home. My own bed …. My own lounge … my own stuffie toys …. My own BEACH ….. AND …. Joy of joys …. It’s warm!  I can go to bed naked again. How good is that??? It took a while to thaw out but I’m all thawed now. The little girls are coming over tomorrow and I’m going to see the little boys on the weekend. Crikey, I’ve missed them. Remember all those pretty party dresses Mum and Dad bought for the little girls. Well ….. they’ll be getting all dressed up in them tomorrow. Bet you can’t wait to see those piccies, aye??  But right now I have to finish off my road trip adventures for you. So here goes.
The day after the worst day of my life was a bit better but not much. When I woke up it was raining. Big time rain and cold, cold rain. It was still blowing a gale too. Crikey …. Another shocking day. Dad decided it would be too much at the festival for me so he went by himself and Mum and I went for a drive around the little country roads hoping it would stop raining long enough to go for a walk or two. All this was ok by me. I sure didn’t want to be frozen solid again and I also didn’t want to be deafened again by BAGPIPES. It did stop raining for a bit and Mum and I did get to have a bit of a walk but not much because we got a phone call from Dad to come and pick him up. You should have seen him. What a sight! He’d taken one of my snuggly blankets to keep himself a bit warm and he had it wrapped around his head. He also had on about 4 T-shirts and a big coat thing and the ugliest beanie you’ve ever seen. He was sooooooooo cold. He reckoned he’d never recover. Shame Mum didn’t get a photo of him, aye? Most of the festival had been cancelled because of the bad weather. Can’t say I was disappointed! There was going to be a free concert INDOORS that night to make up for the cancellations and Mum and Dad decided to go to it. I WASN’T allowed. THEY LEFT ME IN THE CAR!!!  In the FREEZING COLD car.  Fair dinkum …. Talk about neglect! Well ….. I can’t really complain. I’ve got those two just where I want them. Listen to this. We went back to our cottage before heading off to the concert. Mum and Dad got 3 hot water bottles and filled them up. They put not one, but two, coats on me and they took 3 of my snuggly blankets to wrap around me. They also took a thermos of hot water to refill my hot water bottles at half time. See ….. told you I had them where I wanted them. BUT the best part …. Dad came out about every 20 minutes or so and fed me a chicken neck or two. I LOVE chicken necks. They are my very favourite things in the whole world. Am I spoilt or what??? I was as happy as a pig in mud. I was warm …. I didn’t have to listen to all that noise ….. it was quiet.  Well not real quiet!  I could still hear the bagpipes. Just not at a trillion decibels. Guess what?? I didn’t mind the sound of them. They are quite nice from a distance. Mum and Dad really enjoyed the concert. They were warm and so was I. The trip back to our cottage was a bit eventful. Lots of Roos!!  Mum was driving and Dad was Roo spotter. We didn’t hit any, thank goodness!! They can make an awful mess of the car. Not to mention what they can do to themselves.
The next morning we were all up early. We were heading for home and it was a very long drive. We could have stayed another day but I think we were all feeling the need for a bit of home comfort.  Would you believe it was a beautiful sunny day. Still cold but a beautiful day non the less. What a shame it hadn’t been like that for the festival. Two of Mum’s favourite festivals ruined by bad weather. Well ….. them’s the breaks, I guess.  Even though it was a long day of driving we had a good time.  We stopped a lot so didn’t get home till quite late. The weather was good and the countryside was VERY beautiful and we were warm. What more could we ask for!

Dad wouldn't stop to take photos except for this once!!


Mum likes rocks so he had to stop, aye??
We had been gone from home for 57 days all up and travelled 10,000klms. Crikey …. That’s a lot of hours in the car, aye?? It was fun and Mum and Dad said I travelled really well. Almost as good as our Harri!  Struth …..that’s a lot of praise for me. I didn’t think I’d ever hear that I was even ALMOST as good as our Harri. He was perfect!!!!

Wanna run .... Love, Charlie. 

20 comments:

  1. That was a LONG time to be away from your own nest. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate, but you can lie out now and enjoy the suns rays. Always good to be home!

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    Would have loved to see your dad all rugged up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long time, aye?? It was great but I think we were ALL glad to be home.The weather didn't stop us really. It made a mess of the festivals but we still managed to find plenty to do.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, dat are a lotta time in da car. Da longest I's ever been in da car were when I came home from Petco, MOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's more than enuf car time fur sum of us who don't like ridin!

      Delete
    2. That's pretty funny Travis. Yeah Zoe .... I agree! I'm still not all that happy in the car. I cope but I still don't like it. Luckily Dad stops a lot for me. Our Harri used to throw up. At least I don't do that!!!!!

      Delete
  4. I guess I are more like Harri, I always pee first thing when I get home from a road trip. I luvs to pee - I are always markin my territory! BOL BOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Whitley.... that's not very ladylike .... I thought only blokes did that markin' thing. Mum said our Lucy used to do it too and she definitley was no lady. She was much worse than our Harri.

      Delete
  5. there is no place like home.....what an adventure you had though. When Mom was younger she use to spend her summers fruit picking and would follow the crops all the east coast....things that memories are made of

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to be home.Your Mom did the fruit pickin' circuit.That would have been a whole heap of fun. We've met a lot of the kids doing it today and they love it.

      Delete
  6. Home, sweet, home fur Charlie.
    Thanks fur takin us all 'long on yur journeys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasure takin' you along Zoe .... It's great to be home but I am getting a bit bored.

      Delete
  7. OMD Charlie.... Crikey Mate you were gone from home FUREVER. BUTT it was all worthwhile... except fur the Dreaded SNOW FREAK experience and the Bagpipe Scare.
    You TRULY DO have your peeps wrapped around your paw... they made SURE you were not going to FREEZE ...TOTALLY to death. Love the hot water bottle thingy.
    GRAND Adventure. THANK YOU fur taking us along with you.
    Any word from Enid yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Frankie ..... NO Word from Enid!!! I'm so worried. I don't think I'll be able to go to Sarge's date day. Crikey I hope she's ok!
      It was good of you to come along on my trip, Frankie ..... I liked that you were there!!!

      Delete
  8. 57 days of travel is a LONG time! You got to see and smell lots of new stuff and it was really fun that we got to experience your adventures with you and your family. We're glad you are all home safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Coco Rose and Puffy! I'm glad to be home and safe. I had a few scary adventures, aye?? It was a long time. We are all glad to be home.

      Delete
  9. Home Sweet Home!
    And Home Warm Home; BOL!

    Glad you are all safe and warm at home. Now one of these days I will hear how hot is is...or how dry.

    I am trying something new here, so if there is gobbledygook just ignore it, I am trying to send you an image.

    [url=http://imikimi.com/main/view_kimi/1qtzM-1Xj][img]http://kimages.imikimi.com/image/1qtzM-1Xj.jpg[/img][/url]

    or maybe this one will work:

    http://imikimi.com/main/view_kimi/1qtzM-1Xj


    Or this one?


    (Nope...it was rejected, BOL!)

    This is the URL I use on Dogster to make a rollover image:

    http://kimages.imikimi.com/image/1qtzM-1Xj.jpg

    Woofs!
    Happy Mother's Day to your Mum and Nan!





    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sooooo happy you're home!!!!

    ReplyDelete