Friday 18 April 2014

The sun came out!!



The sun came out for Wills and Kate. How good is that?  Sydney shone!! AND so did Wills and Kate.  AND when they came to the mountains the sun shone again. It’s rained for weeks … but not any more …. Will, Kate and George are here. They saw me ….. I know they did!! Kate looked my way and smiled. OMD …. I nearly died. She is soooooo beautiful!! She said something to Wills and he looked my way too and HE smiled!!!!!!! OMD …. They saw me!!!!! Do you think they were impressed???       I did dress up for them, after all.  I WAS looking my best.  Crikey ….. I hope they were impressed!! This holidays been pretty exciting but yesterday was the most exciting day EVER!!! I saw a Prince and a Duchess and they saw me.   How good is that?????
Hmmmmmph!! Sydney didn't shine for me. This was our last day in Sydney. We went for a drive to the northern beaches.

Green, aye? Just like Ireland and just as wet. I had my raincoat on!

Not a very nice day at the beach, aye??

Today we went for a drive. Mum and Dad had a barney!!!! Crikey it was funny. Mum was VERY cranky with Dad. She gave him a right dressing down. Dad didn’t say too much. He just looked VERY guilty. This is what happened! We got to this lookout place where we were going to have a bit of a walk around the top of the mountain before heading down into the Megalong Valley.  Dad got out of the car and let me out. He didn’t put my lead on. What was he thinking?????? Not much, thought Mum.  I WAS OFF!!!  Bit of a problem really ….. no fences …. AND the only place to go is straight down.  I could have gone flying right out there.  Straight off the cliff top like a hang glider only without the glider part.   Mum was yelling at me ….. Dad was yelling at me!!!  All that does is scare me.   Sooooooo they both started to run away from the cliff edge as fast as they could go (FYI, that’s not very fast).  Naturally I followed and before I knew it I was back on lead again.  That’s when the real yelling started.  Mum at Dad!!!   Crikey … Mum was REAL mad!!! I could have died! 
This is where Dad let me out of the car with NO lead on! See below to read the sign.
CRIKEY!!!!
This is where I could have ended up!!
When we all calmed down again we went for a walk around. Me on lead this time. Crikey it was a pretty place. There was a lookout right at the top and another lookout a little bit lower down. When we were at the bottom one a lady on horseback arrived at the top one  and I could see them. I tried to climb the cliff face!!!! It was too steep though so I didn’t get to play with the horse. 

Notice the BLUE sky!

I liked it here!!


This is where I climbed the cliff face to see the horse. It is MUCH steeper than it looks. Sorry about the picture but the SUN was out and in the wrong place. You can see the lookout at the top but I think the horse had gone by the time Mum took the photo.
After our walk around we went down into the valley. It was real pretty too. Soooooooooo green after all the rain. We had a few walks around before heading back to our little cottage for a restful afternoon. I think we all need a few quiet days. We have been doing such a lot lately. 

These cows have a great view, aye?

How pretty is this?

There's something out there!!

And I'm going to get it!!

We didn't see any.

Crikey ..... I hope this isn't our next cottage. Nice view though!! Bit drafty!!


While we were in the valley Mum took a video because we heard a lot of bellbirds and she thought you might like to hear them too. Do you have bellbirds over your way????  They sound just like a bell. Mum has no idea how to put a video on my blog but she is going to try. I don’t know if she will succeed but if you’ve never heard a bellbird before you might want to keep a lookout for it.
Oh! AND Happy Easter ..... I hope the Easter bunny finds you all.  Don't sneak any of the humans eggs. They can be as deadly to us four legged blokes as flying right out there over a cliff face.
 
I’m off for a nap now ….. bet I dream about Wills and Kate …
Wanna run …. Love, Charlie.  

31 comments:

  1. you are making our Mom sooooo homesick. On their last visit home the peep went to the blue mountains too....our Dad had never seen them before and totally loved them. The found an awesome little tea room and had scones with jam and cream and tea sitting on the deck over looking the valley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Reilly and Denny ... Mum and Dad had scones, jam and cream and tea yesterday but we were sitting at a tea room down in the valley looking up. We were outside because it was such a beautiful day. The Blue mountains are special, aye?

      Delete
  2. Yikes! Charlie! Goin off by yurself woulda been Turrible! Too skeery!
    That is so toadally kewl that the Royals looked at yu an smiled! Yu impressed 'em real good!
    Nefur efun heard of a bellbird Charlie. Wanna!
    Real purdy place there Charlie! Thanks fur takin us along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Zoe ... don't know what is happening with the video. Mum is getting VERY frustrated. She reckons she knows what she's doing but it just isn't working. The video just WON'T download. It says it is downloading but it just NEVER happens. She won't give in until she's done it though. The internet coverage in the mountains is not good so maybe once we leave here she will be able to do it. You HAVE to hear a bellbird. They are just the most beautiful things to hear.

      Delete
  3. Wow Charlie! I think maybe you should haves been a bird, I don't know abouts a dog! Flyings off a cliff isn't reallys the activity's of a canine! You reallys MUST looks afters yourself, and try nots to head fur any more cliff edges with big, steep DROPS!!

    My Hoomans haves seen Will and Kate too (onlys, I wasn't there whens it happened) which was a bits of a shame. I'm sures they thoughts you were verys handsome and couldn't keep their eyes off you! I mean, who wouldn't wants to gaze at you?? I've nevers heard of Bellbirds buts will keeps my eyes open furs them little blokes.
    Love,
    Enid xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Enid ... you would love the bellbirds! They are soooooooo romantic. Mum's having trouble putting the video on my blog but she'll get there. It might have to wait till we leave the mountains though. I miss you, Enid. Do you like horses? The Megalong valley is a great place for a horse ride. We could tag along behind and perhaps have a swim in the beautiful little fast running creek where the bellbirds sing. You have to hear a bellbird, Enid!!
      Love, always .... Charlie.

      Delete
  4. OMD Charlie! Be careful exploring the countryside! If you don't have a cape the cliff edge is a bad place to be.
    Wow! Your good looks caught the eyes of the royals. How exciting! I bet they thought you could give George a run for his money. He would never catch your tail or pull your ears because you are so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cape .... that's what I needed, Milton. I could have gone sailing right out there and not worried, aye??
      That little George bloke could pull my tail and ears all he liked. I LOVE kids. Mum's Grandkids are ALWAYS tugging at me. I don't mind at all.

      Delete
  5. Hey! Any yu pupses kno' where da heck Dogster wented??? I can nod find it. Did I miss sum 'nnouncement 'bout sumfing? Anypup???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Z-pup, I was on Dogster twice today and had no problems as it was right where it was supposed to be. Have you been sampling the Bolka Dwips again?

      Delete
    2. No! Nod eben Momma r cuz hur r on Auntie Biotix fur a bad toof! A while ago I finawwy gedded on Dogster. Afore dat I keeped geddin' a ERROR message! It wuz a nitemare!

      Delete
    3. Fleas .... lots of them!!! I've been on and off and on and off and on and off. Crikey my Mum needs a Bodka dwip too. Hope your Momma's toof's ok Zaidie. Sore toofs are not good things to have, aye??

      Delete
    4. This is why everyone is having problems on Dogster:
      For my pals that are on Dogster, Dogster is having major problems right now and this is a post from Beasley aka Lori aka Watchdog on Dogster: " All of SAY Media's properties were taken down by what is called a distributed denial of service attack (DDoS) again this weekend. The tech team is working to get everything back up and running, but it will take some time before we can expect our servers to be accessible normally again." .....
      .....and this is an update she posted on Facebook about an hour ago "Unfortunately, the sites are still being affected by the DDoS attack. The tech team worked all weekend, until 4:30am, to address the issues caused by the DDoS attack on all of SAY Media's properties (not just Dogster and Catster), instead of spending the holiday with their family and friends…I will continue to post updates in the All Paws Group when I can..."

      Delete
    5. Fank yu so bery much fur tellin' us, Buddy. We r geddin' all kindza ERROR messages ober on Dogster an', fanks tu yu, now we kno' why! Gud werk, Buddy!

      Delete
    6. Yup, me and my kittiy brofurs, too. Can't send messages, make comments, get the wrong accounts for other furs when we go to the community pages, and error messages galore!
      Hope it gets better soon...but happy we do have these blogs!
      Maybe yes maybe growlmy will post somethig soon, BOL!

      Delete
    7. Thanks Buddy .... At first I thought dogster had fleas but then I thought it must be a paralysis tick cause it was REAL bad. It's good to know what's happening even if it is all double Dutch to me. DDoS attack!!! Crikey .... that sounds real crook! You're right Mr JF Sir ..... thank goodness we have these blogs.

      Delete
  6. SHE loves the bellbirds and has been known to pull over and just listen for awhile. We have to go through the Blue Mountains when we go to Sydney. It is beautiful. We think Will, Kate and George were lucky with the weather, too. Because it's been very rainy on the coast. Maybe you should have had a nice juicy bone to give Kate....something different from flowers. We're sure she would have loved that!

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey .... why didn't I think of that? A juicy bone would've been just the shot,aye? No-one can resist a juicy bone. It was a perfect day for their visit.
      My Mum always stops to listen to bellbirds too. They are VERY special birds, aye??

      Delete
  7. Hi Charlie - Didn't we have a conversation regarding your quest for adventure, off leash, and the problems that might occur? You are on holiday with your humans and we would hate to read that something terrible happened to you, so please control yourself and stop giving your humans a heart attack - okay?

    Now, it sure was cool that you captured the eye of Kate and Prince William. I think this makes you famous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops .... sorry Coco Rose and Puffy ..... you did give me a talking too. I don't know what I was thinking but Dad just opened the door and didn't say 'Charlie, Wait' like he usually does and I just went. I will try and do better. I promise!!!!! Show some control, Charlie, show some control!!!!!!! I WILL, I WILL!! Really!!! Promise ...
      Crikey .... do you really think I'm famous now??

      Delete
  8. You are a ucky pup indeed to have been smiled at by the Royals!

    Many long centuries ago, growlmy saw Queen Elizabeth ll , she came so close to her that he could almost have touched her...um, but that wasn't allowed, BOL! She still remembers the emerald she was wearing, and has seen that same pin when Her Highness is on TV...

    Those pictures of the cliff, made us shudder...no way should you have been even thinking about checking it out...gravity always wins! And you are not anything like a mountain goat...

    Did you get under that gate, Charlie??

    I need to get growlmy to google the Bellbirds, we have no idea what they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growlmy would love the bellbirds, Mr. JF Sir ... they aren't much to look at but the sound is truly something!! There is no way Mum can post the video. She has been trying all day and it just won't download. It says something about when you first try to put a video on your blog you have to accept terms and conditions but nothing comes up about terms and conditions for her to accept. You will be able to hear them through google, however. There is a beautiful poem by Henry Lawson called bellbirds. It's worth reading too but you'd have to hear them before you would appreciate the poem. It's another one of Mum's favourite poems. Whenever she hears bellbirds she starts reciting the poem to herself. See ..... I told you she was weird!!!
      I'm so pleased Growlmy got to see our Queen even if it was centuries ago. She nearly touched her? Oh My!!!!! Pity she couldn't have grabbed the emerald. You could have worn it on your collar and been quite the man around town, aye??

      Delete
    2. Crikey ..... big blue Mum made ... the poem Bellbirds is by Henry Kendall not Henry Lawson. Henry Lawson is probably, along with Banjo Paterson and C J Dennis, Australia's most famous poet but it was Henry Kendall that wrote Bellbirds.

      Delete
  9. I forgot to answer your question, Sir ... I did NOT get under the gate. I'd already had too much freedom for one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have been following Will, Kate and George's twip down under, you are so lucky to have seen them! What beautiful scenery too. Now don't go getting near that cliff edge again! love Rudy and Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are getting to see the Royals, downunder. They went to the zoo yesterday. Ayers Rock I think today. There will be some beautiful pictures there!
    No more cliff edges for me. Dad doesn't want to get into trouble like that again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlie, we are happy you didn't go over that cliff! Yikes, your peeps need to watch you better! We are enjoying your trip and love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do Buddy .... they do!!!!!! It's ALWAYS Dad. He thinks I'm PERFECT! Mum knows I'm not and takes much more care. I love my Mum and Dad but my DAD is my favourite. We get into lots of TROUBLE together!!

      Delete
  13. Dat are so very cool dat dey saw you - and dey must have good taste too since dey smiled!

    I's nominated you for da Yoo Hoo! YOO HOO! Award. Check it out at http://whitleywestie.blogspot.com/2014/04/yoo-hoo-yoo-hoo-award.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked it out Whitley. I'll get to it real soon.... sounds fun!!

      Delete
  14. OMD, me and mom are so glad you didn't run off a cliff, she was scared just reading about it! What pretty pictures and fun adventures!! We love reading about your adventures, woof!

    I had a schnauzer fursis named Sydney. Mom named her Sydney cause when she adopted her, she looked like a koala bear. BOL

    ReplyDelete