Friday 25 April 2014

Nothing much happening?

Things are a bit slow on the holiday front.  We are still at the Blue Mountains.  It is still beautiful and we are having a good time.  We are doing a LOT of walking.  I LOVE bush walking.  The smells are to die for but I don't get to see many critters.  Just about all of our critters sleep all day and come out at night and I only get to go for Pwivacy pwease (that's Zaidie speak for anyone that doesn't know) walks at night.  Mum dreads those walks.  If I get a whiff of a possum I'm off like a rocket with Mum trailing along behind.  She reckons she's got one arm that's about a foot longer than the other arm from me taking off at a rate of knots.  I don't give her any warning ..... I just goooooooooooooo!  Last night I say a white cat run across the road at a million miles an hour.  Lucky for Mum she saw it too and grabbed hold of me before I took off.  Crikey ..... what was she thinking?  Spoilin' my fun like that!  I kicked up a heck of a stink .... I howled and cried and tried to get away from Mum ..... I was a right pain in the butt but she didn't let go ...... not even for a second.  She roused on me!  Hmmmmmmmmmph ..... big time!!  She told me I was a VERY naughty dog and said she wouldn't take me for any more walks if I didn't improve my manners.  NO MORE WALKS!!!!!  Crikey ..... I better get a grip and start behaving,  aye??
It was ANZAC day yesterday.  I watched the march on television. 

I am watching the march. My eyes ARE open .... I do have to be comfortable, don't I????
It rained for the march.  How bad was that?  Mum and I were sooooooo worried for the old diggers.  Lots of them marched,  IN THE RAIN, and they didn't have brollies or raincoats or anything and they were soaking wet.  Crikey I hope they don't get sick.  Mum took some photos off the television but they didn't come out too good but I'll show them to you anyway. 





It rained here all day too.  We were going to go for a drive to some super duper place but we didn't go cause we thought we wouldn't get to see too much through the fog and rain.  It did clear up late in the day and I did get to go to dog park in the arvo.  On the way to dog park Mum took some photos of a pair of Rosellas we saw.  They are VERY beautiful birds.  Hope you like them!!   Oh! and talking about birds .... Mum managed to put the bellbird video up on my dogster page so if you want to hear the bellbirds you can do so there.  She still hasn't had any luck getting it on my blog. 

Pretty, aye? This is the bloke!

This is the bloke too ...

This is the bloke too ....

Yeah! This one too ..... The poor old Sheila is pretty ordinary looking. Mum didn't take her photo. How bad is that?? Of course in the dog word the Male is the best looking of the sexes, aye? Crikey ...... what am I saying. That's NOT true ..... you Sheilas' are definitely better looking than we blokes!! Whew ..... I got that in just in time, aye??

We have been down to Sydney to see Nan again . She was a little bit brighter on this visit which was good to see but she has managed to give herself a VERY nasty gash on her arm.  She caught it on a big metal door handle and has a wound about 8 inches long on her arm which looks very nasty.  Poor Nan .... everything seems to be going wrong for her lately.   She has agreed to come up to see us at Noosa soon after we get back so that will be good.  Mum likes being able to look after her.  I'll tell you a funny story about the last time she visited when I have a bit of time.  My Mum can be VERY funny sometimes.  She doesn't try to be .... it just seems to happen with her!
These two pictures are just for you, Enid!!

With love from Charlie to Enid ...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well that's about it for now.  As I said nothing much is happening round here ...

Wanna run .... Love, Charlie.

18 comments:

  1. Hello Charlie :) it's Fozziemum from down under too hahahaha goodness you love to chase just like Forrest and Doc i have a definite arm longer than the other because it's the roos here they want to chase and that's a big no no!! It was so sad it rained on the ANZAC parade...those poor old diggers..not fair..and each year less and less..i wish it rained here instead we really need it!! pop over my friend to pups and kitties and sheepies blog and say hello :) always nice to meet a fellow Aussie blogger..there are not that many!! http://ourpawpad.wordpress.com hugs Fozziemum and gang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to chase anything leaves or whatever needs chasing. That fancy bird looks like it needs a good chase. We should be getting rain late Saturday into Sunday with possible tornados. Looks like will be in the cellar.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tornados' ... Crikey ...... stay in that cellar and BE CAREFUL!!!! they are awful scary things!!!! Please take care!!!!!
      Mum wouldn't let me chase that bird. I wanted to sooooooooooo bad .... my Mum can be a real meanie sometimes.
      Stay safe!!

      Delete
    2. Hope dere aren't no tornadoes - if da sirens go off, we all gotta go get in da bathroom and wif 2 dogs, 2 cats, and 4 peeps, it are a bit crowded.

      Delete
    3. Crikey Whitley .... you got tornadoes too. Please take care. You've gotta go to the bathroom. You haven't got one of those underground things? OMD!!!! Stay safe. We don't get tornadoes here but we do get cyclones. Mum and Dad and Harri and Lucy have been in a cyclone. They didn't have an underground thing either. It was VERY scary but I think tornadoes are even scarier. I REALLY hope there are no tornadoes at your house.

      Delete
    4. Yep, we are with Sully, the old Storm Cellar hidey hole is gonna get a work out this weekend, bad thinkie is that they are coming through here at night, we are only a little over 200 miles from Sull and I think Whitley, so you can see this is gonna be bad, about 7 state up here are in the warning area.

      The Mad Scots

      Delete
  3. I's agreein wif Sully, dat burd would be fun to chase and pounce on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and he would taste good too once you got through all those feathers!!

      Delete
  4. You's lookin cute in dose pictures Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whut a purdy burd....you Aussies have the purdiest burds... And don't worry about us, Charlie, we gets lots of warnings here... they have sirens that go off and it's on all the tv stations. An interior bathroom or room with no windows is the safest place to be if ya don't have a storm cellar...

    ReplyDelete
  6. And lookin' good there, dude... bet Enid will be impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Growlmy had to check on Google about what ANZAC Day is...
    Nice to have some parades and services to honor those men. Reminded her of when she used to work in a Veteran's Hospital way back in the late70's and early80's befur she got married to pawppy...some of those old men were really fun to be around!
    Too bad it was dismal with rain.

    Your birds and fauna are so beautiful, Charlie!

    We get siren and TV warnings here too, fur bad weather events. And then we have to go in our cellar which is more like a dungeon in this ancient house from 1907.

    You are a furry handsome pup in that bandana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Furgot to add...Growlmy says she hopes your Nan's arm heals up good.
      I would give her a kiss but the distance is too far fur my tongue...can you give her one fur me?!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh - Mom says she can almost smell the eucalyptus.....that is what she misses the most - the smell of home and the birds...she loves the birds calling in the morning. The rosella is so beautiful....you know when Mom and dad were home they were luck enough to be there for the Anzac day parade in sydney

    ReplyDelete
  9. We watched the parade, too.

    Love the Rosellas. We don't get many of those round here, but we have lots of other birds.

    And what's with this NOT BEING ALLOWED to chase a stinkin' cat!!! Same thing happens here, but SHE's got two dogs, so her arms are the same length--just has two bad shoulders.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Barharhar, please don't tear Moms arm off Charlie, she might need it!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  11. We stopped by Charlie, Me, (Toby Jo) and mom. We can't get on Dogster so thought we'd see what's going on over here. those are the most beautiful birds ever!

    ReplyDelete