Monday 6 March 2017

On the road again!!

Crikey ..... it's been a while, aye?  We are on the road again.   We've had a few nights at my favourite beach, Nambucca NSW and we are now in the blue mountains again for 2 weeks. Dad's working so Mum and I are just doing lots of walking and hanging out with friends we have met up here over the years.  It's been cold ....... yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!  AND wet ......  yuck!!  Two days of rain, mist and fog when we first arrived.  Fair dinkum ..... woke Mum up a bit. She's been plaguing all you blokes in snow country for snow pictures and 2 days of rainy, misty, foggy weather and she's over it.  AND when she's talking cold she's talking 17C or 62F.  She reckons that's freezing.  BUT ..... the suns out now. It's still cool but the perfect temperature or so Mum reckons.  I like it.  I go crazy when its safe for me to be off lead. I run and run. I never get tired when it's cool.  I LOVE it.  It's still hot at home.  Real hot and dry. Our Jen's tanks are nearly empty again and she only recently had to buy water.  Looks as if she'll be buying more soon.  The little girls are loving it though. They've got a big pool now. That's where a lot of their water went but it's certainly worth it.  In the temperatures up there you need to be able to cool off and it's not always convenient to head to the beach. They are a bit further away from the beach than we are.  When we leave here we are heading to Victoria.  We are staying at a real pretty place called Beechworth.  I'll try and keep you posted with pretty pictures. Here's some we have taken so far. It's better if you biggefy them.


Our favourite beach at Nambucca.  It was high tide. Pretty, aye??
Yep .... that's me on the right. The bloke with the surfboard was a real spunk or so Mum said.  Whatever that means. 
See .... told you it was me.  Except for the spunky bloke we had the whole beach to ourselves.  How good is that?  
It was sunny one way but a storm was brewing to the south.  
Pretty, aye??
Crikey .... I wore myself out running.  Had to stop and rest. 
This was taken from a lookout. Another pretty little Nambucca beach.                                  

I've never had any luck with these video things but thought I'd try again. This is in the mountains and we stopped for a breather at this real pretty green spot and there were bellbirds.  Mum loves bellbirds. I hope you can see this and hear the bellbirds. They are very special.  

Mum liked this tree.  She tried to be arty farty but all she did was get a picture that looks like the tree is falling down.  
We stopped to say hello to this bloke AND .....
He took one look at me and got up and just stared at me. What's with that?  All cows give me the evil eye.  


Wanna run ... Love, Charlie.







28 comments:

  1. Uh Oh!! Looks as if Mum failed with the video AGAIN!! Can anyone help me here. I've got no idea. It downloads but when she goes to post it it doesn't show up. It's got Mum baffled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it Charlie! It's working fine! I've never heard one of those Bellbirdies ~ OMD, how FABulous does that sound??!!!! Wows! We just got regular soundin' burdies here...SO boring...hehehe
    You are right, that beach is BEAUTIFULS! I bets you and your Moms had a FABulous time! And, I bets there were TONS of FABulous smells! Have funs, and take more videos! I loves them!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you had the beach alone because it is YOUR beach now. Isn't that great to have your own beach like the cowspot dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beechworth...Victoria? Hope you brought an extra blanket. Love your pictures. We could hear your video...and see you. SHE loves Bellbirds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlie, tell Mum that is a super video. THe bell bird is ringing out loud and clear, and look at you with your handsome long and distinguished neck!
    Oh and those beaches look SO inviting...
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari om
    Nambucca is one of the best! The vid will not show on tablets and fones, but will on laptops... it's the Android v. Windows thing... can't see it just now on the YAMroid, but will be back (finally) with Voovoo in the hutch this evening, so will look again then!!! Yes, am at last headed back to Dunoon - crikey, am feeling like a stranger after all these weeks! Safe travels to you and peeps, mate. Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not showing up on my laptop, Yamini. We've recently changed to Apple Mac. I thought that might have something to do with it.
      I bet you'll be glad to get home. It's nice being away but home is ALWAYS best, aye??

      Delete
    2. Hari OM
      Hiya! Been back two nights now and got totally disoreocombobulated as to which day and country I was in...

      Now as to this vid - it does work on Voovoo - but had to click authority for the flashplayer to operate; which may well be due to the change to Mac O/S at your end. When you click on the vid-space, you ought to see a little popout box (probably up top left of screen) asking permission to run.

      I love the sound of the bellbirds - used to have some over the road from where I lived in Asquith! YAM xx

      Delete
  7. The video needs Flash Player, a fairly redundant and insecure system that is not on Android devices. I enjoyed seeing you looking around and very alert. Gosh you have such a long neck, nearly like a giraffe. What a pity the beach bloke was wearing baggy board shorts and not speedos. No Charlie, you won't understand. Beechworth is nice, but Bright is better. Nambucca looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have stayed at Bright before. It is good. I liked swimming in the river. Crikey it was cold. We will visit Bright again when we are in Beechworth. It's a bit early for the autumn leaves I guess.

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness! This looks like Heaven on Earth, Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your beautiful beaches there and no crowds, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlie my matey...thanks for the update and the most beautiful photos. Oh you 3 are having a fine time. Your beach is now our favorite so clean and peaceful.
    MOL that moo cow has never seen a handsome bloke like you.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks you for the beautiful pictures! We wish we could go there with you. Here, it's raining like crazy, and our little bit of snow from the other day is all melted. We had hardly any snow this winter. But it's not over yet. We could still get a big blizzard in March. I will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlie we just love all these beautiful pictures
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful place. Isn't the beach the best
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  14. The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach. The beach is a wonderful place and we biggefy each and every one.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! We love all the beautiful areas you get to visit!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the beach photos but the photo of the dead tree was my favorite. Now, that's artsy fartsy! I think you live in a wonderful place with so much to do. I love cows! Dad is going to buy some cows this Spring. Can't wait!

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're pretty adept with that there camera, Charlie! I reckon you deserve an ice cream or three for your great efforts!

    Have a wonderful trip...thanks for sharing it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you hadn't said they were birds, I would never have thought it. What a strange sound!

    Last summer it was going to be 18 degrees here in my part of the world and I thought it was going to be hot! Right now though: SNOW!

    Mara from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Charlie,

    What a great place to run! Did you Bark at that cow? They need to be barked at, you know. It was 0 Celcius here today, with frost and ice puddles that we could not drink from. We think 17 degrees would be very nice!

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  20. You found yourself a wonderful place to run. Thank you for taking us on your run. It was like we were there. I could smell the salt.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful beach, Charlie. You sure are a lucky pup!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE that beach. I agree that Charlie is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful beach to run on Charlie! We didn't have any trouble viewing the video on our laptop. Look forwards to seeing some more lovely pictures.

    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ding! Ding!!! Wow, we heard your Bells...no wait those were birds??? OMD! Amazing that they 'sing' ring-a-ling like that!

    Your beaches make me and petcretary kind of envious. So stark and so lovely all at the same time. The way you picture them is superb!
    Glad you got to run to your heart's desire.

    ReplyDelete