Wednesday 9 December 2015

Remember me?????

Crikey .... I sure hope you remember me!!  It wasn't my fault I disappeared.  It wasn't really Mum's fault either.  Things just got a bit on top of us here for a while. I wont go into all  the boring details all at once. I'll spread 'em out a bit.  BUT ... I guess I do need to explain my hasty departure.  Mum got some bad news from her eye Doctor and he said she had to limit her computer use for a while. Now Mum being Mum couldn't bring herself to look at my blog and all YOUR blogs without having something to say so she made the decision to just STOP!!  She went (and made me go) COLD TURKEY!!  Now I don't mind a bit of cold turkey. Matter of fact I don't mind a bit of hot turkey either.  Fair dinkum ..... I'll take it raw if necessary ... but the cold turkey Mum was talking about wasn't the kind of cold turkey I'm into. So I've got a great big apology to make on Mum's behalf. SORRY, SORRY, SORRY for making you worry. When we finally got to have a bit of a squiz at all your blogs we saw that a lot of you had been to my last blog and left comments as to where we were and if we were alright.  OMD!!  Did Mum EVER feel bad. So sorry, sorry, sorry again AND AGAIN!!!!!!!!  Madi and Mom (you kept checking on me), Bev Green, Zoe (oh Zoe ..... I've missed those beautiful eyes), Lord Shilo and Lady Shasta (your back!!!!!  How good is that), Finley (you found me on facebook and you came back I don't know how many times to check on me), Chester and Joey (I see your Mom's been working real hard), Milton and Mr Stubbs .... oh so many of you. Thankyou for your concern. It's going to take me a while to catch up on all your news. Mum still can't be on the computer for too long. She's had an operation on one eye and is booked in for March next year for the other and they're keeping a close watch on her major problem which is macular degeneration but they are making big inroads into that these days.   I see our dear friend Goose has sent a new Buddy to Michelle. Oh so much to catch up on. I've missed you all sooooooooo much.  I mightn't be commenting as much for a while yet but please know that I will be there checking everything out.  Crikey ..... did I see something about a wedding in Blogville??  Murphy and Ruby????????  How exciting is that?????  Oh ...... and Yam Aunty is coming to see me, NEXT MONDAY, if all goes well.  That's awful exciting too, aye??  My first Blogville mate in the flesh.
Crikey so much has happened I don't know where to begin but I'll leave you today with this little bit of very sad news.  We lost, after a very trying and difficult 3 months, my dear Nan on the 4th November at 8.30pm.  The day after the Mebourne cup.  She always enjoyed the Melbourne cup so she couldn't go before then, aye??  It's her birthday today. She would have been 97.  It's still hard for Mum to talk about.  Nan may have been very old and lived a good, long life but it's still hard, aye?? Mum never knew her Dad. He died when she was 2 so although she has a sister, who she loves dearly, she is feeling a bit lost. Her Mum was ALWAYS there for her and now she's gone. OMD she loved that woman. Mum's are very special people, aye??

She sure was a cute baby, aye??

That's my Mum on the right.

lookin' good Nan!!
Yep I loved her too!!

This was the last photo taken before she got REAL sick.

And this is the last photo Mum took. She wished she took more!! 
S'pose I have to say SORRY again. My first post in months and I end it on a sad note.  I promise they'll get happier from now on.  I do have a few draft posts half done from ages ago so I'll get them fixed up and ready to go and I do have two of the little girls birthdays to tell you about.
Crikey I sure hope you remember me.

Wanna run ... love, Charlie.  
  

37 comments:

  1. there is no need to apologize - life has a habit of getting in the way of things but you know we are ALWAYS here for you and always waiting for your return. We have our paws crossed and are sending lots of POTP and hope your Mom's eyes improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie I'm so sad that you lost your Nan.... hugs to you all and POTP to your mom... I missed you and often barked a hello over the ocean, maybe you heard my barking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlie sorry you lost your Nan my friend..and no need to say sorry to anyone..life comes at us with both barrels sometimes and we are just glad you are here..we are always here ..we are friends!! Loves Fozziemum and gang xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold Turkey Charlie is tasty , but not the way you ate it.
    Sorry to here about Mum and your Nan.
    Glad you Mum getting better and fell off the wagon, nice see ya back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Charlie! I wuz So concerned 'bout All uv yu! So sorry to hear 'bout your Nan. Hugs to yu. She wuz a real special lady.
    An durn it all 'bout your Mum's eye probs. Take her out fur walks, the fresh air will be good fur yu both.
    Bark in when yu can, but don't stress over it.
    Luv yu! Flutter, flutter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course we remember you! I am so sorry about your Nan.

    I hope your eyes improve. So sorry you've been having such a rough time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlie, we could never forget you. Just so sorry to hear about your Mum's eyes and Nan. Life sure does get tough at times. And you don't need to worry about commenting or even reading if you're both not up to it. But it sure is good to hear from you and know how everything is going. Scooter and Skittlez send kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlie, so good to hear from you. I am sorry to hear about Nan but now I see where the kids in your family get there nudity from. BOL. Sending your mum the POTP.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY, Charlie, can't tell JUST how pleased I am to see you back, luffs you sweet fella.
    So sorry to hear about Mum's eyes, sending you lots of POTP Mum. Sending you big hugs and luffs over Nan, that's sooo sad.
    And Charlie, yous getting to meet Aunty Yam in the FURS!!!!!Oh I is green wiv jellyness, give her a BIG hug from me
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! We are so happy to see you again!!!! Ghostwriter is wiping tears from her eyes. But we totally understand. We're sorry to hear your Mum is having problems with her eyesight, and hope the surgery helps. We are very sad about your dear Nan too. Please send our good wishes to your wonderful family, and even Miss PPPP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did so wonder what happened to you. Sorry about your Nan. That is rough. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How could we forget you?? First of all we are very sorry for losing your dear Nan. Yes, she lived a very long life but still it leaves a hole in your hearts! So we hope all those memories will help you celebrate her birfday with joy in your hearts today. And your mom has had peeper troubles! Oh dear, that is a scary thing so we don't blame her a bit for signing off. Of course it would be better if she could hire you a pawsonal secretary but sometimes that isn't pawsible so we totally understand! Yes, it is true that me and Ruby are officially engaged! We are very excited cuz we are crazy in love! Glad to have you back mate!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charlie! We are pleased as a kitty high on catnip to see a post from you.
    Truly sorry to hear you've lost your wonderful Nan. What a character she was.
    Your poor mums eyes need to be taken care of so don't feel bad about abandoning the blog for awhile. Post when you can.
    By the way momma sent you a Facebook friend request. Shirley is her first name.
    We are so happy to hear from you our bodies are wagging! bol

    ReplyDelete
  14. CHARLIE! Nice to see you! We thought of you and we sure understand about life taking over sometimes.
    So so sorry about your Nan. sending big pug hugs and POTP to your mum's peepers
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are so sorry to hear about Nan. She looked like a lovely woman. Take care of your mum so you can be back more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No apologies necessary! We are just happy to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you are still there Charlie, I was really worried. The last news is so sad for you all, you certainly will miss Nan, so sorry you cannot sleep with her anymore.
    Charlie tell your mum she must be careful and not too much on the computer so tiring for her eyes. Send your family best wishes from Snarf from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We're having a break from blogging at the moment, but we're still looking through posts. (Our computer is very slow at the moment.) But we've been thinking of you and wondering where you got to. Glad things are sorted out. Sorry to hear about your Grandma but great she could see this year's fantastic Melbourne Cup. We have a friend who spread her dad's ashes over the finish line in Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry about nanny. What a cute lady. And resting eye balls are very important
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey there Charlie, good to see you again. I guessed something major had happened in your neck of the woods and that you would re-emerge when ready to. Tell your mum we are thinking of her. Sorry you lost your nan, we've been there ourselves, the heartbreak gets replaced with comforting memories - I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  21. CRIKEY Charlie... OF COURSE we remember you and we have MISSED you and are glad to hear from you..
    We are sending POTP fur your mom's eyes... so you can continue to visit with us...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Charlie! We've missed you, you cheeky hound! I really hope your mum feels better soon! Eye problems are no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Charlie and Mom we are red cheeked for NOT being smart enough to leave a comment on your blog but we have been missing you and wondering and worrying but we know about full plates, and sickness and life bein hard and blogging just has to take a back seat...but it never ever changes how we feel about each other in our hearts, we love you guys, so you just take all the time you and your momma needs, cos we will always be right here waiting on you to come back. We are so sorry to read about your nana...we could tell she brought much joy into your lives, heaven has gained a real jewel.
    Hugs Stella Rose and momma

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so glad your okay.. and its good to hear from you! Thank you for checking in!
    I am here,,, just like always
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad you're ok Charlie. Sorry to hear about your nan and your mum's eye problems.

    Now bout dis turkey - I'm like you. I'll take it warm, hot, cold, raw, it don't matter to me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad to hear frum ya, Charlie... So sorry to hear 'bout yer Nan... My Momma sez boff her folks are gittin' up dere in years, but it are still hard to think of them not bein' here... sendin' big hugs to all yer family.....
    and we sure hope yer Momma's eyes git better... toadally unnerstand 'bout not bein' on da confuser too much...
    Much luv,
    Finley

    ps... Did sumone menshun turkey?? Cuz our Thanksgivin' turkey is all gone... and I'll take sum turkey anyways I can gits it... hot, cold, and in-between...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glad to hear from ya Charlie!!

    I'll take turkey any way I can get it too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Charlie! It is pawsome to hear from you again! We are sorry to hear about your mom's eyes and your dear Nan.

    We're so glad you are back and can't wait to hear all your other news.

    Wally & Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a handsome photo of you, Charlie! We are so very sorry that you lost your Nan. Nans and moms are such very special peeps.

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  30. So sorry to hear things have not been so good. We are very sorry about your mum's eyes and your grandma. Happy birthday bro her from us!! We hope Mum's do better. Our dad has lots of eye problems too.

    Hope to see you again soon and no worries on the comments. Happy holidays too.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, Charlie! Yours is the first blog I found today...and your handsome schooner just jumped out from the page...so I kissed and licked it, and now I am doing that to growlmy too, case when she read about and saw that last sweet image of you lovingly guarding your beloved Nan, she had much leaking from her face windows.....
    Sending major hugs to your Mum to comfort her a bit. Your Nan was so spawsial and I and growlmy are happy you always shared her with us:))

    Sorry to hear your Mum's eyes are poorly, too. Sheesh.
    Pawppy might need surgery on his retina too, he has a 'bump' on it...and it might progress to a hole...

    I too am embarrassed to woof that I just didn't bark anything on your blog...but I did wonder about you a lot and worried too.

    Just pop in whenever you can, do not worry about things, life happens and so on...

    ((((( ♥ )))))

    WOOFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hari om
    A bit behind, but here I am to join the welcome back greetings!!! Sooooooo looking forward to meeting yoj next week...will call mum on SUnday when am on the train to cooroy. :-) though do tell her I won't spend long chattin, so that we can share lots when we get together in the furs!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Welcome back Charlie!!! Believe us, we know how sometimes life takes over!! We are sorry to hear about your Nan...we are sending tons of snuggles to your Mama...

    Smiley Snuggles!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very good to hear from you Charlie! So sorry about your Nan...

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's so good to have you back Charlie! We re sorry to hear about your Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  36. There is no need to apologize dear Charlie! Our thoughts are with your momma on the loss of your Nan. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  37. How good to see you back Charlie. Sorry about your Nan, it's hard to loose someone dear to you. We are sorry about your mom's eyes. We hope she will get better.

    ReplyDelete