Tuesday 11 November 2014

A lot to say!!

Crikey ..... I don't know where to start. I have such a lot to say. Firstly ...... my Secretary is a slacko!!  She reckons she's busy with important stuff.  Hmmmmmmmph ...... since when has enjoying yourself been important??  We are on another road trip. At least, this time, they had the decency to take me along.  She reckons it's too hard to tend to my every whim when we are travelling around so I don't get to post, as much as I would like to, about all the stuff that's happening in my world. So here's just a little bit of whats happening with a lot of photos to fill in for the words.
This is for you Macey!!  Miss PoppyPooPoo pants is cleaning up after the little girls finished their lunch.  How disgusting is that??  Pigs belong OUTSIDE, aye??
I guess you all want to know how I'm going after the beach attack episode. Well ...... I'm good. That stinky old cone is gone, the stitches are out and I'm healing up pretty good.

Lookin' good, aye??  Just one big nasty scab to go. Crikey it's itchy but Mum won't let me scratch.
The ICECREAM's stopped!!!!  S'pose there has to be a downside, aye?? I still look pretty crook but once the hair grows back I should be almost as good as new. Note to myself:  Charlie ...... stay away from DRONGO's!!
I'm back runnin'!!  OMD did I ever miss my runs and my mates. I'm not back at the beach yet because, as I said,  we are on a bit of a road trip. Dad's got some work to do in Sydney so Mum and I decided to come with him and have a bit of tripsying around when he is in between jobs. We went down to Beechworth in Victoria first off.  There was a Celtic festival on  so Mum and Dad got to soak up lots of Scottish dancing, Scottish bands with kilts and BAGPIPES and lots of Celtic music. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I was still a bit off while we were in Beechworth and wasn't up to running around so it was good for me to have something to take my mind off myself and besides there was a BEAUT icecream shop in Beechworth. I got lots of icecream. Doesn't get any better than that, aye??
From Beechworth we headed back to Yass where we spent a night and then on to The Blue Mountains again for 10 days. Our usual cottage at Leura was unavailable so we are staying in Katoomba in a beautiful old home with a beautiful garden and some really beautiful views from the front yard.

Get a load of this bloke?? His name's Sammy!!  Flirting with death, aye??  That's taken from the kitchen in our Katoomba house. Sammy sits on the window sill every morning. Mum's real worried I might spot him before she does. If I do I'll be up on that sink and everything in my path will be broken, aye??

Sammy's owners live next door. They feed the cockatoos every afternoon. They arrive like clockwork. Heaps and heaps of 'em.  Beautiful, aye??

What a good lookin' bloke!!

This is a red-whiskered Bulbul. Mum used to see them all the time when she was a kid but thought they had all disappeared. She got real excited when she saw this bloke in the yard this arvo!!
Crikey this country is a strange place. When we left home it was hot but that is to be expected in Spring in Noosa.  Beechworth was stifling!! It was over 40C one day and when we got to Katoomba it was 12C and we couldn't even see the sky. It was all misty and foggy and downright spooky.  It's supposed to be over 40C in Sydney tomorrow and in the high 30's here. Can you believe that? 12C tops one day and high 30's the next.  Weird place Australia. Crikey I hope everyone stays safe. I hope there aren't any bush fires. There was one here in Katoomba just a few weeks ago and one home was lost. The fire was started by a couple of drongos.  What's with these people?  They just can't help themselves, aye??


Can you see the house that was burnt down. The one next door wasn't damaged and the one behind wasn't either. How does that happen, aye??  We know the lady that owned the burned down house. We met her at the local leash free park ages ago. She's quite an elderly lady. She has two little rescue dogs that I play with whenever I am here.  Thank goodness they got out safe, aye? BUT ..... apart from her dogs that house was all she had ... terrible, aye?  AND the fire was deliberately lit by DRONGOS.  What to say??

Here you can see the house next door and the one behind but our friend's house ...... GONE!!
I still haven't told you about our Halloween night but I will get round to it. It wasn't a good night for me but the little girls enjoyed themselves. Crikey I haven't told you about Halloween and it's nearly Christmas.  So much to do ...... so little time.  Have you heard of ' The Melbourne Cup' over there. It's a horse race and a BIG DEAL here in Australia. Everyone and everything stops for it and everyone has a bet on the Melbourne cup even if they NEVER follow the horses at any other time. Mum always has $2 each way on a horse and this year she won.  The first time for about 30 years!! There were 2 German horses in the race and Mum decided to back one of them as she loves Germany so much and had just returned from there. Well ...... she WON!!!  Crikey ...... you should have seen her. She got a bit excited!! 

Well...... it's almost time for dog park so time to get ready ..... 

Wanna run (Yahooooooooooooooooooo!!) ...... Love, Charlie.

35 comments:

  1. Glad you're healin', Charlie! I know whut ya means about slacker secrementary, my Momma has been paintin' the sunroom... sumthin' 'bout how she had to get it done cuz the plants need to come inside fur da winter and if she didn't do it now, it would be Spring 'fore she could do it! So dat's whut she's been doin' fur days now... Hopefully, she will be done tomorrow. And da weather! Yikes! It was almost 80 degrees F yesterday and supposed to be freezin' tonight.
    Dey sez about da weather in Texas... if ya duzn't like it, wait a few hours.. it will change!! BOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Finley ..... not the paintin'!! I hate the paintin'!! Takes forever, aye? AND the mess .... OMD! I could see that you'd been missing in action a bit. I miss you when you're not around.
      Seems like your weather's the same as ours. I like what they sez in Texas about it!! That's true here too!!

      Delete
  2. Glad that you are on the mend and on a trip having fun. ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look like you are doing fine and a road trip always makes things better. Well done on your Mom picking a winner for the cup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure got excited about that Cup win. Hope it doesn't turn her into a gambler.

      Delete
  4. So your on the mend, you get to go travelling (with every whim catered for), there is ice cream and your Mum won on the horses. Really, things are looking OK right now.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you weren't left behind...again! You sure do some travelling. All the way to Beechworth for ice cream...BOL!

    SHE said as soon as it heated up and the wind hit that some nutters would be out lighting fires. Crazy!

    Hope that scab comes off soon and you can stop itiching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's off now!! I chewed it off. It bled. Mum yelled at me. BUT ..... it stopped itching. Yaaaaaaaay!!

      Delete
  6. Hari Om
    WHAT - NO ICE CREAM??? Still and all, that is sounding like a pretty good trip and it made me a bit homesick... Well done on the winnings for mum... but we heard the news of the deaded horse. Made me sad... on the brighter notes at least over here I can start exploring again in the Little Ren!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made us sad too, Aunty!! Kinda spoilt the day for everyone, aye?? Two horses died. The one you heard about and one of the German horses got spooked by some idiot (another DRONGO!!) race goer on his way back to the stalls. The poor horse somehow got his leg caught up in something or other and broke it and even though they had the best Vets available, on the spot, he had to be put down. Turned Mum right off horse racing. Mind you she never was onto it anyway but you know what I mean.

      Delete
    2. Hari OM
      Oh yes, now you mention I do recall there was talk of a second horse down. Serious subject. Horses of course LOVE to run and race each other, but at this level - as with anything which involves exchange of the folding stuffs - there things which go on that cause one to cringe...

      Charlie would you and mum like to become proper 'penpals' with me? I am with a few of the Blogvillagers - not for heaps of stuff, but if I have your email address I think it will help it come up when you comment and then i can respond directly from time to time - cuz I don't get much chance to do that they way you get Mum to on your blog... I have no helpers I fear! If you would like that, it needs to be the email address attached to your profile. To confirm, let me know at
      yammacca(AT)gmail(DOT)com

      It gets typed like that by folks who don't want the spammers to spy and drop junk on us. Hooroo~!!! YAM-aunty xxx

      Delete
  7. Drats re the ice cream. Lots going on for you Charlie. Well done to mum, winner, winner chicken dinner. Have a Wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winner, winner chicken dinner!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!! Too funny, Molly.

      Delete
  8. Poppy poo poo pants, the little girls and I all miss you Charlie! Come home! Enough tripping around already!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ..... you'll have to talk to Dad about that. We'll be there, with bells on, for Miss Izzi's very happy burday. Mum can't wait to make the cake with your Mum. How you doin?? Still letting that porker rule the roost?? Shame Mooballs, shame!!

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear yu barkin again Charlie! That's good yu got to go on a bit o' a trip, looks like yu had a good time.
    Ut-oh, sounds like yu need to check up on The Pig. Goodness knows Murphy M don't know how to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a real worry, Zoe!! He's just got NO IDEA, aye?? BUT PoppyPPP is getting plumper by the minute. She'll be perfect by Christmas!!

      Delete
  10. Crikey Charley you are REALLY all healed up now.
    You have been very much busy... having lots of FUN stuffs.... except fur that FIRE that burned the lady's house.
    Good to hear from you Mate.
    No Worries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frankie and Ernie .... it's great to be all fixed up and back to having fun.

      Delete
  11. Looks like your boo boo is healing just fine. What cool birds. We never saw anything like that before
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily and Edward. We do have some pretty neat birds here in Australia but you've got lots we don't have. All birds are beautiful, aye? Good for chasin' too.

      Delete
  12. You sure are a busy bloke, Charlie! Mom would love to see cockatoos flying around outside! It's too cold for them around here, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're in plague proportions around here at the moment. Mum loves 'em but some people complain. They are awful noisy. I LOVE chasin' 'em. It's good cause Mum doesn't try and stop me. They always fly away before I get too close.

      Delete
  13. I'm glad the wound you got from that dragon-doggie heals up very well and I'm happy that you can run again :o) I 'm so sorry for that lady with the two rescue dogs, I hope there is a way that her insurance will pay for the house or that she gets help. Congratulations to your mom, it's great that she won! Will she buy something for you from her big win?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Easy .... now you're in the wars!! I sure hope you get better real quick too. Remember .... lots of icecream .... that REALLY helps!! The lady that lost her house wasn't insured but she'll be fine. It will be rebuilt for her and she won't have to worry. The local community will all pull together to help.
      I got nothing from the big win, Easy ....... a bit fat NOTHING!!

      Delete
  14. Charlie tell your mums that you must have ice cream until the scab is gone. Then you can tell her that the furs needs to grow back. By then you might want a break from ice cream. We said might! Glad you're healing so well mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey ..... you two sure know how to milk it for all it's worth, aye?? I'll give it a try. It might work!!

      Delete
  15. Wow, that sounds like quite the adventure Charlie! And we are glad you are back to running. When mom has an injury and can't run she gets very crabby. Just sayin' . . .

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know all about that getting crabby when you can't run. We runners just have to run, aye??

      Delete
  16. Looks like everything is going your way, Aye. Good for the peeps for taking you along this time. I guess you put the guilt trip on them real good for not taking you on their last trip. Have fun!

    What's a Drongo?

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mum sometimes , Sully. Only jokin' Mum! We Aussies call people that aren't too bright, Drongos or galahs. Funny but they are both birds. We mustn't think birds are too smart, aye?
      It's just as well they have taken me with them this time. If they didn't I would have asked Finley and Whitley to file for divorce for me..

      Delete
  17. Wow! On the road so soon after that big tour of Europe!
    Well, at least you got to go along.

    Enjoy your trip. Glad you are healing up so that soon all will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well it's fun for me and Mum but Dad's gotta work sometimes.. Sure glad I'm not him, aye?

    ReplyDelete