Friday 24 October 2014

The best morning, EVER!!!!!!!!

Crikey ..... what a great morning I've just had. The weather was PERFECT!  The beach was BEAUTIFULALL my mates were there.  We played. We swam. Flossie's Mum fed me her homemade treats. What more could I ask for?  Well ...... I'll tell you!!   A DEAD MUTTON BIRD!!  BUT .....I didn't have to ask for it.  Here's what happened:-
What a beautiful moning, aye??  It sure looked good to me!!
I greeted all my mates with my special Arooooooooooo!!
Flossie's Mum gave me some of her homemade treats.  That's Flossie's little white butt off to the side. She obviously gets her fill of treats at home, aye?? Note how well behaved I am. Patiently waiting my turn.
I'd got into a bit of strife chasin' a LBF (little black fluffy) so Mum took me up close to the dunes to give the poor thing a bit of a break WHEN...... right there, before my very eyes, was another thing that looked just like that LBF but it wasn't moving. It was deaded. As deaded as anything deaded that I'd EVER seen. Well I got that thing and I ran from one end of the beach to the other with it. I tossed it up in the air and caught it when it came down and I ran and ran. Everyone on the beach stopped to watch. What's with that??  I'm not some sort of entertainment for all those blokes. Mum called me.  Hmmmmmmmmph!!  Who'd listen to that??  Not me!!  She kept calling!!  What's with her?  Does she think I didn't hear???  Will she never learn?? Once is enough! I have PERFECT hearing and much better than hers, aye?? She tried to take a photo or two but I wasn't having that, either.  Didn't want her getting too close and stealin' my find. I played with that mutton bird for about 87 hours or something. I was well and truly over it by then so I dropped it.  It sure looked crook but it was never going to look good again anyway, aye??  Mum, good sport that she is, told me I was a good boy for dropping it and gave me a treat. Have I got her where I want her or what??   Ok ..... show over. Everyone on the beach went back to doin' what they were doin' before they stopped to gawk.  Mum and I went for a quiet walk in the dunes and I got to sniff out some crab holes before heading home for brekky.

I gave that thing a good workin' over, aye??  Pictures a bit blurry but I wasn't in gentle mode.
Can you see those feathers hangin' off me??  There were a lot more but Mum couldn't get the camera workin' fast enough to catch 'em.



Crikey ...... not lookin' too good, aye??
Sniffin' for crab holes.  That's our house up on the dunes. Pretty neat, aye??  Only jokin!  We couldn't possibly afford that!!


It was the BEST MORNING EVER!!!


Wanna run,  Love, Charlie.

48 comments:

  1. Yep. Sounds pretty perfect to me Charlie. Couldn't have been better.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really couldn't have been better, Bertie. It was a GOOD day.

      Delete
  2. Wow! How much fun is that? Yu bet it wuz a perfect mornin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun fun morning tossing dead stuff in the air!!!! Wesa nevers get to do that...sigh.....stella rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Stella Rose ..... maybe one day,aye but in the mean time it's good to dream about??

      Delete
  4. OMD pawsome fun dude. I did that once with what peeps thought was a grey sock only to find it was a deeded squirrel. She shrieked big time. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOL Molly ..... A GREY sock, aye????? Bet she had fun getting that away from you!

      Delete
  5. BOL I don't think you should play with deaded things
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not Lily and Edward but it was a lot of fun, aye??

      Delete
  6. Oh Charlie you cracks me up. I hope you gave that bird a good shake for me.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't tell me you forgot the best part - you didn't roll all over the dead bird and get nice and stinky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't need to roll in it Reilly and Denny. I got that all that stinky smell ALL over me just by tossing it around a bit. The bath was worth every minute!!

      Delete
  8. You sure did have the bestest beach time evfur!

    Hey! This time you didn't try to eat that dead burd...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Mr JF Sir ..... it was a bit too fresh for me. I like my meat cured a bit. Mum wasn't even sure if the poor thing was really dead before I got hold of it but she doesn't want to know either. She's believing it WAS dead!!!! It was just lying on the beach and not moving before I got hold of it. It was sure dead by the time I finished with it though.

      Delete
  9. Hari Om
    Charlie mate, that was some ruffling of feathers you got up to!!! Only in the best of places mind you... hugs and wagsl YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does sound like the best morning ever!! WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pawsome Charlie!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey & Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your own dead Mutton Bird....Magic! And you were right to just keep going with it. Peeps always try to take your treats, when they can find their own. AND half the time they don't even want it anyway.....sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah ..... Mum hasn't got much hope getting things from me though. She sure can't outrun me. AND you're right ..... they usually put our finds in the big bin thingie. Talk about mean spirited ...... not to mention the waste!!

      Delete
  13. You always have the BEST adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dead burds? Crabs??? I need to come visit dis beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Travis ..... you would love it!! It would be the best litter tray EVER as you always say!! We could dig for crabs together. That's the best fun!!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Yeah ...... I did Whitley but I also got one of those bath things when I got home. It was worth it though.

      Delete
  16. I've tried that with things I've found on the beach too...mum and dad get a little frantic when this happens...so much fun .....lv william /(^.^)\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey William ..... sounds like my Mum and Dad. They freak out big time.

      Delete
  17. G'Day Charlie....
    CRIKEY Mate.... we are SOOOOOOO green with Jellyness over this MARVELOUS day that you did have... we can't EVEN imagine how wonderful it was... You LUCKY DOG YOU. WHAT a GRAND Deaded Treasure you did Find... and make good use of. BRAVO Mate... BRAVO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure was lucky to find that mutton bird, aye? It was just lying there. Deaded treasure ..... just for me!!

      Delete
  18. That is my dream come true . . .

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  19. A morning with a dead thing? That's living the dream right there

    ReplyDelete
  20. SCORE!!!!!! OMD, how FABulous was THAT??!! Good thinkin' not lettin' your MOms get close until you were good and done with the burdie...peeps like to take away our treasures before we are finished with em'. Party poopers. I was BOL at your antics, butts Ma just covered her mouth like she saw a ghost or somethin'! BOL
    I'm gonna have some sweet dreams tonight Charlie! Thanks dude!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Ruby .... glad I could give you a good night of sweet dreamin'!
      My Mum does that covering of the mouth thing a lot as well. Something wrong with 'em, maybe!!!!

      Delete
  21. I would love to do that but my moms would probably not let me... They think it would make me stinky too much.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Tweedles .... whats wrong with our Moms, aye?? Dead mutton birds smell great not stinky. Mum bathed all that great smell off of me. Can you believe that????

      Delete
  22. Your huntings skills are pawtacular Charlie! I can just pictures you leaping and bounding with that LBF thingy. I'm surprised your Mum wasn't impressed with your swiftness. When I go chasings after a rabbit or deer (which isn't verys often since I'm so lazy), and my mum tries to call me I just go into selective-hearings-mode and only hear her if I want to!
    Yours Always,
    Enid xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go chasing deers!!!! Oh my dearest, Enid ...... that is so impressive. I would be so impressed and AMAZED with your swiftness. You would be like the wind. I've NEVER chased a deer but I have chased a rabbit and a huge buck Roo. I don't hear anyone calling me when I'm on a chase. I would love to go hunting with you!!
      Always your Charlie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  23. Wow I wish I was there. First treats and then a dead bird. How lucky can you be?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! That looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hard to tell what our crew would have liked better--Your very own deaded bird, or Dui's pile of deaded fish, true heaven and fun!! :-)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hiya Charlie - nice to meet you. I am pleased to meet another Aussie Dawg ... as we are very much outnumbered in Blogville ... aren't we!!?? Anywho my pawrents have very fond memories of Noosa ... they visited for a day when their motorhome broke down in Gympie and they got a rental car and visited your town while it was being repaired!! Mum remembers fondly having coffee and cake in a restaurant over the waters edge there. Dad dad doesn't let her have cake very often - so it is special when she does!! Anywho - I'll be watching your adventures carefully and I love the beach too. My next post will feature something dead on the beach we holidayed on just recently. You will love it!

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx

    ReplyDelete