Tuesday 12 January 2016

I'm lucky to be alive!!!!!

Crikey ..... am I ever lucky to be alive. We went to MY beach as usual the other evening. Mum and Dad have been taking a couple of chairs, a beer for Dad and a thermos of tea for Mum and we have a grand old time. Mum and I go for a big walk and when we head back and are about half a kilometre or so from Dad I run to him at a million miles an hour. I have a bit of a rest then but if I see any of my mates I head off for a play whilst Mum and Dad watch from their comfy chairs. BUT ...  here's what happened the other night. We were just sitting there minding our own business when Dad spotted a dog a ways, away up the beach. He pointed him out to Mum and commented on how fast he appeared to be and said he must be a greyhound or something. Now I see a greyhound and I'm off like a rocket. I just seem to know we are somehow related. Anyway I spotted this bloke and I was off. Did I EVER bite off more than I could chew. I can normally hold my own with greyhounds. They're fast but I'm FIT and I can run like the wind. This bloke  took me completely by surprise. He was HUMUNGOUS and FAST!!  Boy was he FAST!!  I ran back to Mum and Dad as fast as I could and he was right there with me.  There was no way I could shake him. I ducked and weaved and he was there. Right by my side. OMD!!!  I was getting awful tired. Not him. I wasn't game to stop running I thought he'd EAT me.  Everyone on the beach stopped to watch the show we were putting on. Mum and Dad were yelling at me to stop but I was too scared. I just kept on going. Finally the owner of the dog realised I wasn't having much fun and managed to call the BIG bloke off.  Fair dinkum ... I was beat. I fell in a heap at Mum and Dad's feet and I thought Id never, ever get up, ever again!! I have to say the other bloke wasn't much better off. He also fell in a heap at his Dad's feet and he took even longer to recover than I did. The dogs owner was a real nice bloke and so, as it turned out, was the dog, but how was I to know. He was what's known as a Bull Arab. They use 'em in far north Queensland to hunt feral pigs cause they are so tough and can chase and pull down a pig without any worries.  I'm glad this one knew the difference between a feral pig and ME, aye??  Crikey he was BIG.  He would have been 45 klgs or more and he was built like a tank. I'd be hard pushed to be 18klgs. They are a cross breed. 50% English Bull terrier (for toughness), 25% greyhound (for speed) and 25% German Shorthaired Pointer (for temperament). He did manage to knock me almost off my feet whilst we were running and although I was alright that night the next day I pulled up real bad.  I could hardly walk.  We had a VERY quiet day at home yesterday. No exercise for me.  I was still limping this morning so Mum took me for a short walk and I'm going to have another quiet day today.  I'll be ready to go again by tomorrow I'd say. Mum didn't take any photos but here's what they look like.  This is almost identical to the bloke we saw.  Fair dinkum ..... I'm lucky to be alive!!


Wanna run .... love, Charlie.
 

41 comments:

  1. Oh my dog! That sounded like a terrible day at the beach. I am glad the other dog owner came in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie you have to fight the urge to chase after every thing you see. Not everyone is as friendly as you are. Glad you are all right and weren't eaten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew...that was a crazy run Charlie!! We are soooo glad you are ok, and hope you are back to full speed soon!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY SUPERMAN CHARLIE!! Sounds like you almost got wiped out dude! Yikes! They sure look tough fursure! I can see why you ran for your life! Good thing his peeps called him off in time...I hopes you recover soon! Would a margarita help??? well that's a silly question...BOL!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Ruby ... I could have used 3 or 4 of those margaritas that night, aye?

      Delete
  5. Wowee! Sure glo]ad it all turned out OK, but...um...yougotta watchout who you choose to 'play' with...and this 'gotta run' thing is gonna get ya some day...be carefur!! Pawlease??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Mr JF Sir ... I know! BUT I just can't help myself sometimes. Mum and Dad try to look out for me but they are a bit slow sometimes. I'll try to be more careful ... I pwomise!!!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He hunts feral pigs? Does dat mean BACON??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get real Travis ... Is that ALL you can think about? Crikey mate ... I could have been EATEN, besides those feral pig blokes'd be mighty tough old bacon.

      Delete
  8. Wow! What a scare for you all! Take care next time to choose someone 'nice' to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hari OM
    OMD Charlie mate... that's scarey-some!!! I know they turned out good, that dog and its bloke - but it sounds like you met your match on the running stakes!!! Hope that you pull up good now and can resume normal duties. Though perhaps a little more caution on the beach from now on? Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a scary evening you had, Charlie! You deserve a day of rest and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always been told never to approach strange dogs may be that applies to dogs too.
    Always keep your distance until you are sure of them.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Merle ... Only problem is I just rush at 'em at a million miles an hour and they don't like it. I just wanna play. What's wrong with that?

      Delete
  12. I'm glad this pup knew the difference between you and a piggy :o) And I send you a big hug what helps to be back to 100% Charlie soon :o) It's always hard when we meet our match... it happened to me too as I bugged a pup what turned out as a deerhound as big as a horse :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Easy ... Those deerhound blokes are big, aye but at least they are skinny. This bull Arab bloke was built like a tank. Did you learn your lesson, Easy? I don't spose I will but I'll try and be a bit more careful.

      Delete
  13. Wow, you found another pup as fast as you!?!? I didn't think that was possible Charlie. Butts, you will haf to be a bit more discerning about who you pick to be friends! Have a nice recovery nap,take care
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. that would of been scary - not knowing if he was going to make a meal of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you made out ok and a little recovery time you will be ready to run again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. G'Day Charlie... OMD you are LUCKY to be in one piece... THAT must have been SOOOOOOO scary... that guy is one Big and FAST bruiser fur SURE... BUTT you held your own against him.
    We are sure the folks on the beach were ASTOUNDED by the two STREAKS going by them.
    Crikey you are LUCKY that you only HURT a LITTLE... it could have been MUCH worse.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, that sounded nearly frightful! Being chased by a super fast and humongous dog right there on your beach?!? And chased until you could almost run no more. Crikey is right! I sure hope your muscle cramps go away soon. Rest easy, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Charlie!
    Wow, what an adventure! Sure sounds like that dude was amazingly fast just like you. I bet he's sore and tired today too. BOL That's a nice reason to lounge around and nap extra today. Sending you some healing vibes to be sure you're good-to-go for tomorrow. Even with all of this, I bet you really had fun doing zoomies with that furiend.

    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Police Commish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did Sarge but my back didn't have such a good time. It's alright again now.

      Delete
  19. Just reading that story made our blood pressure go up. That was quite and exciting time you had. We hope you feel better soon. You must have pulled a muscle or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe even 3 or 4. But I'm all good again now.

      Delete
  20. Holy cow Charlie! Glad you are still alive and hopefully today you are feeling better
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  21. Charlie, we think you may have exceeded your maximum needed exercise for ALL of 2016. We are glad your peeps were able to intervene and get you and that big bloke settled down. But at the same time we bet it was so much fun to run like the wind.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Charlie we were afraid to read this for fear you had gotten eaten on or something worse, we are so glad that big doggie had a good heart and did finally stop, you were so lucky.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure was. No chunks out of me .... thank goodness!! He was a nice bloke really. Just awful BIG and scary looking ...

      Delete
  23. We have LOTS of those pig dogs around here. The ones we meet, have been nice. But when Kendra was little someone said she looked like a bush pig, so SHE's never sure if we scotties are seen as dogs! That must have been a run for you to be exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a run and a half. I run fast but I'm not a stayer. I can only go for so long and then I fall in a heap. Doesn't take long and I'm right to go again but short sharp bursts are the way I like to go.

      Delete
  24. We have never heard about a Bull Arab. We are glad you are okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad you are ok! Hopefully all the stiffness you are feeling will go away ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I had no idea such a breed existed! Good gravy, Charlie! Glad you are okay after your race with that tank!! I bet you'll recognize him next time and steer clear?

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW...thats scary. I hope that youll be fine soon

    Wags
    Oreo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Charlie, you be careful there. We wouldn't want anything to happen to you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My Dogness Charlie! That bloke must have beens REAL tough to haves you on the ground in a heap! I hopes you feel better soon and looks after yourself with treats and blankets.
    Enid xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete